Do you think the world will end soon. If so, when?

by Rod P 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry
    The nature of things is that everything acts pretty much the way it has acted in the past.

Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah,

They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." (2 Peter 3:4)

A fundamental flaw in reasoning: It hasn't happened in my experience, therefore, it never has happened that way for anybody, and it never will happen.

Sorry Terry. Not picking on you in particular.

It is a rhetorical device used as a pre-emptive strike and nothing much else.

Well, OF COURSE people are going to make the common sense objection because it is common sense.

All the "signs" given (purportedly) by Jesus amount to nothing that isn't observable at any time.

It is a strategy to allow religious leaders to whip up some fear and control.

Terry

• Terry
    Terry
    I believe the bible, and the bible speaks of the end. Many times in the past God punished humans, and will do it again.

I guess all tyrants pretty much behave the same way.

T.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I always wondered about that. Especially reading in the Bible where it says its going to come as a "thief in the night". I always thought that it would come when I began thinking that it never would. I guess its going to happen soon then :)

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Yea I think the end is coming (but of course I'm a morm. of course these fit in to lds thinking)

1/ Jews rebuilding walls around Jerusalem (Ok not exactly Jerusalem but pretty close !!:)
    2/ Gospel restored to all you heathens hehe.
    3/ Fulfillment of Revelations prophecy RE angel flying through sky in last days, Elijah to prepare way for 2nd coming
    4/ Nation of Israel exists again - tribes being gathered.
    5/ Lord has returned to His temple.
    6/ Genealogical work flourishing.
    7/ Gospel reaching all parts of the world.
    8/ There is a kingdom being built ready to receive Jesus and the city of Enoch - LDS have all the facilities , experience and readiness to run any part of the administrative govt, we have huge farming operations to feed our people, we have leaders at every stage in govt, we are heirarchically organised ready to respond quickly, members have food supplies, large areas of land are lds etc.. if only we could purchse the rest of that temple lot from the reorg lds church!

When - not a clue - do I hope its in my lifetime - maybe - not pleasant what man will do to man.

(New Testament | 2 Peter 3:1 - 4)

1 THIS second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
    2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
    3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Do you think it is significant that there are so many different people from so many different religions (Protestants, Catholics and Jews), as well as those in the secular world (writers, tv documentaries, psychics, etc.without any professed religious affiliation), who are preaching and professing the end of the world is near, or is this all about the media feeding into it?

In other words, why is there so much diverse doomsday opinion being disseminated from all quarters of the globe this past few decades? Are there higher beings or God preparing the whole world for a global catastrophe; or is this "expectation psychology", where so many believe in the same thing en mass that it ultimately becomes self-fulfilling prophesy?

Rod P.

• steve2
    steve2

Why is a forceful and punishing end to the earth assumed to be an example of divine retribution when our daily experience tells us that repressive and unprincipled regimes are responsible for forcefully ending people's lives (i.e., by invading other countries or acts of terrorism)? I think I know the answer: When humans do it, it's bad, but when a "Superhuman" does it, it's a loving and justified gesture. The principle as always: Might is right.

• Golf
    Golf

Here was a thought that was brought to my attention recently. On the back of the American one dollar bill there's a picture of a pyramid (left side),you will note a cap is separated from this structure.

It is believed that when this 'cap' sits on the on the structure, the 'New World Order' will be in place and then, look out. Its like the ball on New Years eve in Times Square, when it descends and reaches the bottom, a New Year is ushered in.

The phrase ANNUIT COEPTIS on the dollar bill means "announcing the birth of."

The phrase NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM means, The New World Order.

Whether is sounds foolish or not, its something 'different' to think about.

Golf

• Rod P
    Rod P

Steve2,

You make a good point. Might is Right! It's always been that way, hasn't it. This is the history of the mankind and the march of nations. The more we study history, the more we learn that we never learn the lessons of history. Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it. (To paraphrase a couple of sayings.)

So then, can we say that Nature is the great equalizer? Do we blame God for that?

Golf,

So do you think the Illuminati are behind all this? (The One World Conspiracy)

Rod P.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

ANYONE WITH A BRAIN BIGGER THAN A RAISIN, ONLY HAS TO LOOK AROUND AT WHAT IS HAPPENING SINCE 1914.

THERE ARE MORE EARTH QUAKES, WARS, ATTACKS ON RELIGION THAN EVER BEFORE.

YOU ALL NEED TO MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR CREATOR.

BECAUSE ARMAGEDDON IS COMING. ALL YOU NON BELIEVERS WILL PERISH IN THAT YEAR

OF 1975.

Gotcha didn I. ha ha ha

Outoftheorg

• Golf
    Golf

Rod P, the international bankers. "The world is governed by very different personages to what is imagined by those who are not themselves behind the scenes." Benjamin Disraeli, Prime Minister of Britian

"When the government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes...Money has no motherland;finabciers are without patriotism and without decency;their sole onbject is gain." Napoleaon

I have aother quotes.

Rod, it wasn't me that put those symbols on the American one dollar bill.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit