Your personal philosophy

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't have a personal philosophy that way I'm freer to make choices.

But maybe i do after all have one and it is: "Never have a personal Philosophy that way you'll have one less thing to remember when making choices".

• steve2
    steve2

My philosophy:

Try not to live your life doing more of what doesn't already work. Instead, trust your experience and aim for a "workable life."

I base this on my observation that most people presenting for psychotherapy have twisted themselves inside out trying to live a life that is not working for them and they think by doing more of what is unworkable will one day magically work. It doesn't. They do this primarily to please others.

I say, stop the struggle - aim for a workable life - i.e., one that works for you.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

frankiespeakin:

You do have a personal philosophy, but like most people you do not recognize it as such.

If you have a sense of your place in the world, an understanding that somethings are right and other things are wrong then you are living according to your personal philosophy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rob,

I know longer have clear cut sense of those three things,, my views are usually in flux. The more i learn about my world the more they change. I do have this intuitive feeling that it is healthier for the mind to be that way so that one can think more freer and out side the box of conditioning, have more creativity,, and notice more.

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ jeannie

Yes, I understand Rand's philosophy. I just prefer other ideals to those of capitalism. It has always seemed far too darwinian to me, and I reject it as a personal philosophy. Shall we label my way of thinking? If you wish, you can call me a social anarchist. ;)

t

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

To live while I'm alive and die when I'm dead, and learn as much as possible about everything I can along the way.

GBL

• Carmel
    Carmel

Drink a lot of clear liquids. Pee a lot. It all comes out in the wash!

carmel

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

• talesin
    talesin

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Breathe in....Breathe out....Breathe in.....Breathe out.... LOL

J

Actually, JB, that's a pretty good way of living. Stay with and be conscious of the breath, and you remain in the moment: the only place Life exists. j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit