• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I am a child of God and so are you.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Life is what happens while your making other plans

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

We fit into this wonderful **********!!!!!!!! simply by virtue of being here.

Just because we are like one snowflake in a blizzard (no pun) doesn't mean we are less special than any other.

Humanity survived because of instincts to love and altruism, which are obviously dominant genes as opposed to those of destruction. The death camps were disgusting but always remember it was humans who came to the aid of the prisoners not God.

The impulses of unselfish love are such that as humanity has matured, these were the qualities projected onto our deities. As love and justice and friendship triumph ( don't mock - we create our futures by our thoughts) this whole god of armies and armageddons will so NOT appeal, that when he does come we shall be no more afraid of him than a science fiction Super Villain.

I have said before, when did god rescue a wounded bird, or intervene to prevent a child being raped or murdered?? I help children by sponsoring them, by contributing. To humanity. That's my philosophy. Help and kindness.

It's down to us all. I can make a difference. I am a tiny snowflake. Size does matter, together we can bring everything to a standstill in a snowstorm of conviction. Even "God".

After all if we all killed ourselves, who would worship him?

MORE TO THE POINT WHERE DOES THIS 'GOD' FIT IN??

HB

• dh
    dh

to keep trying

• blondie
    blondie

It's only too late when you are dead.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like Ayn Rand a lot. I also like the third wave of psychology and I appreciate those guys take on life. I had a hard time getting my feet planted firmly on this planet after 30 years with the Jehovah's Witness people. I spent a lot of time with the theist philosophers. I like most of what they say and do but I was not satisfied to go into blind faith whenever there was a question that religion couldn't answer rationally.

I kept searching and that always led me to the same place, that is, reality. Reality doesn't need explanations, it just needs acceptance. That's been the answer for me.

My personal relationships have much improved after I realized I was trying to please some selfish, mean people and I was trying to fit my life into their agendas. Now I just return kindness and I reject rejection. That seems so simple to write, I can't explain why that was such a hard place to come to.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I have adopted the words of the great statesman Abraham Lincon for my philosophy. I've yet to perfect it in my case but it is as follows.

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Breathe in....Breathe out....Breathe in.....Breathe out.... LOL

J

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It is better to be alone than wish you were alone.

purps

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Live and let live" to be broadminded make more space in order to accept rather than exclude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit