Do you like your given name?

by Outaservice 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Odrade, I like the sound of your screen name too--

Where you inspired by Dune's Darwi Odrade or by the medieval virgin Saint Odrade ? (she was known from 1107 and was a patron saint for cattle-plague)

As for my given name: It is extremely rare here: have never heard of someone else with my name: Branda

The male form of my name is more common (although still rare) : IJsbrand

• Angharad
    Angharad

I didn't when I was a kid - but I really like it now because its relatively unusual

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was named after Deborah of the Bible. It's way too formal... no one ever called me that except my mom, and if she called me that, and included my middle name... I knew I was in serious trouble.

I don't let anyone call me Deborah... it doesn't fit me... Debbie is ok... better at least than Deborah.

Coffee

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yes I like mine, first middle and last...although hardly anyone calls me by name anyway they either resort to Gaz (which incidentally I hate) or G which i prefer.

My middle name is David which ive always preferred to Gary but hey...I shouldnt really be bothered, i could be called plenty worse and in fact I am .

DB74

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Angharad, is your name Welsh or ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I received several multisylabic names, cunning designed to never fit in the space provided.

For some strange reason I was known by my second name, after a homosexual biblical character, a name that I hated.

I have since changed to my first name, Chris, never using the topher.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit