Do you like your given name?

by Outaservice 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The Bible attaches importance to your name, do you like yours. If not, what would you change it to?

I always hated mine, Outaservice Smith. The kids all made fun of me in school. And it was hard to be 'inservice' on Saturday.

Outaservice

• JH
    JH

I love my name, it stands out

• love11
    love11

Growing up I never liked my name but as I grew up it also grew on me.

I was going to be named Amber. But that week the local zoo had an elephant born that was named Amber and my parents didn't want to be made fun of. I like the 'stone' alot so I think I would like being called that.

But I'm stuck with love11, worthy of love. That will do.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I like my real name. I dont like my nick here. Simon can I change it please?

• kls
    kls

Hate my real name ,Kathy so my friends call me Kate. Was given the name Christine at birth but it was changed by my parents. So i have two birth certificates with two different names

I P , Your name should be changed to Binner,,,,,,,,,,I is everywhere

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I love my Name!

Brooke...its different. Not to many people have it.

I would never ever change it!

Brooke

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I am known as Jim to most of my friends. My birth name, James, means 'one who supplants or takes the place of another.' So, when I became an anointed JW, I felt a slight justification in that I was one who replaced a unfaithful anointed person. Since my JW days, I like my name as it is, with no special significance. Any significance will be based on how I lived my life, and not on meanings from history of others. - Jim W.

I really love my duaghter's name, Jennifer Lynne Whitney. It is old english, meaning a "White Wave Cascading against a White Island."

• Mulan
    Mulan

I've always liked my name, Marilyn. Suits me. And.............people usually remember it too.

There were only two other Marilyns in my high school, so it wasn't a common name either.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

IP_SEC: I dont like my nick here. Simon can I change it please?
    I changed my nick here shortly after I joined. Simon changed it for me after I sent him a pm and a message under Tech Support.
    KLS: Was given the name Christine at birth but it was changed by my parents. So i have two birth certificates with two different names
    Same thing happened with me. My parents originally named me Barbara Jean. Changed it a few weeks later. I've never seen the original birth certificate but my 2nd one says I'm Denise. And I like my name. Always have. Always will. -Aude.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I P , Your name should be changed to Binner,,,,,,,,,,I is everywhere

How I imagine Kat... kl.. er um Mon ka lee in R/L

cute little pug nose and all!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit