Weird Logic

by loosie 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Due to my JW mom's busy work and field service schedule, she had let things pile up in her room: papers, books, clothes, etc. It was buried, literally. My sister had to move back home for a little while while she caught up on some bills. She decided to help my Mother clean out her room. They dragged 8 bagloads of trash out of there. My sister commented that my Mom had told her that she had been praying to Jehovah about the room, and he finally sent my sister to help her. Sounds like she should have asked for some OCD help, instead. I love my Mother... but I think she's maybe a packrat. Ermn....

CG

• paws
    paws

A visiting c/o once suggested that the sisters should reconsider the wearing of long black skirts or dresses ( can't remember why but possibly to do with Gothic trends)

Needless to say, after that, the older, nosy sisters used every opportunity to bring this up when answering up by way of drawing attention to the women who still were wearing black.

When I think back to it now........ how dare they!.

Paws

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

a few weeks ago i was helping my grandmother in her yard and she started preaching... long story short, "you know, jesus tells the remnant (she calls them remnant but she meant the ones that are already in heaven) our prayers and they help us because they can sympathize with our weaknesses"... i went home and asked my mom if grandma was senile or apostate... then my mom called her to get mad that she preached to me while i was helping out with yardwork. (my mother is a staunch Jdub, but she knows that it's rude to bite the hand that feeds, or in this case, helps u.)

bethel

p.s. my mom also got mad at her for offering me carrot juice instead of a beer. YA!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

the JW's have not only some weird logic but some twisted logic too....but thats for another thread i think....

DB74

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I told the brother that had studied with me that the WTBTS had been an NGO/UN member for almost 10 yeras he said it was a lie. I told him it was on the UN official website and had been there for over a year he said the apostates had infiltrated the UN. When I told him the WTBTS had admitted to it but only for a library pass he said SEE, I knew it was all twisted out of proportion by the apostates. When I told him I had government transcripts of some brothers we both know testifying as NGO representatives of the WTBTS he said I was an apostate. When I told him it was from different governments around the world he accused me of traveling abroad to spread apostate ideas to discredit the Faithful Slave. With that kind of blind loyalty I sure wish he was my employee instead of an unpaid one with the WTBTS.

• JW83
    JW83

Mmmm, I like the one where if anything bad happens, it's Satan trying to disrupt J's organisation. If anything good happens, it's because Jehovah & angels are helping ... does not make sense ...

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

I posted this one in a different thread a while ago, but the weirdest logic I ever heard was the same kind of ass covering mentioned above re: the Organisation...

If your life is going well you're either being blessed for faithfulness OR if the person commenting to you thinks you are a bit of a bludger truth wise (miss meetings, don't go out in service enough) you need to look at your life to see WHY Satan isn't personally persecuting you for your faith You are being "blessed" by Beelzebub with an easy time of it because you are not a good Witness, if you were better he'd be after your a**.

Oh and I wasn't allowed to eat Hershey bars for a while, blood in Hershey's chocolate

But the kicker? Going out in service and listening to all the "Christian" brothers and sisters talk about what houses they were going to "pick" after Armageddon!!!!???!!! Cause you know...everyone is DEAD...help yourself Brother!!!! Double

Cheers!

• Daunt
    Daunt

Eh hate that devil is bad Jehovah is good crap. My family throughly believes it. When my brother was going through some hard times but still a witness he had an arguement with my dad. He was very sad and crying and my dad felt that it was his duty to acknowledge that the devil was working through my brother. Shortly after my brother got DFed and experienced 3 years of self emotional mutilation and now he's coming back. If I had to take a bet I'd vote for my dad having the devil in him They just don't have the truth.

• cypher50
    cypher50
    When I told the brother that had studied with me that the WTBTS had been an NGO/UN member for almost 10 yeras he said it was a lie. I told him it was on the UN official website and had been there for over a year he said the apostates had infiltrated the UN. When I told him the WTBTS had admitted to it but only for a library pass he said SEE, I knew it was all twisted out of proportion by the apostates. When I told him I had government transcripts of some brothers we both know testifying as NGO representatives of the WTBTS he said I was an apostate. When I told him it was from different governments around the world he accused me of traveling abroad to spread apostate ideas to discredit the Faithful Slave. With that kind of blind loyalty I sure wish he was my employee instead of an unpaid one with the WTBTS.

At that point, I would of stopped reasoning with him and start feeding his conspiracy complex...

"Yea, Brother [insert name here], I am actually part of Apostate Brotherhood Of Evil! Next week, I am on my way to Canada to make sure that a sickly 14 year old sister has a blood transfusion forced on her; my diabolical plan to spread false information about the UN is merely a side hobby. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    a few weeks ago i was helping my grandmother in her yard and she started preaching... long story short, "you know, jesus tells the remnant (she calls them remnant but she meant the ones that are already in heaven) our prayers and they help us because they can sympathize with our weaknesses"...

It's nice to know the ol' 'Mystery doctrine' is still alive and kicking.

What's next? Praying to the saints?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit