Role-Playing & XJW Discussion Boards.

by hillary_step 89 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terry:

I do know that I personally have "love" for some people that I don't particularly like. Perhaps we're then getting back into the realms of symantics, though.

I wish you could help me understand how this is possible.

Maybe this is part of the 60% of stuff that you state you don't understand.
    This would link very strongly to some of the stuff I posted on the "Unconditional Love" thread.

Is it possible to love someone who get's your pants in a bunch, whose ideas you are diametrically opposed to, and who occasionally appears to take great delight in trying to cause upset?

Why would you even bother to "love" such an individual? Also, in the absence of any personal gain, is it possible to do so spontaneously?

Strange as it might sound, it's in evidence every day, in a multitude of people (even on a board full of "personas").

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    We are all cram packed full of shit. It just takes the right person to find out how to reveal it to us.

Amen!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

At the risk of appearing a yayy-sayer, I'll add my Amen to that of Gyles.

Which reminds me of the joke of the three scientists wanting to know how much shyte an elephant generates in a year. They decide they'll put a cork in it's ass, for a year, and that way get an accurate reading. One of them realises that it could be a bit of a messy job, uncorking it, and so suggests they use the year of waiting to train a monkey to do the job.

The year passes, and they finally arrive at the day for the uncorking.
    One scientist stands 50yds away, one at 100yds and one at 200yds, before they let the monkey go and do the job it was trained for.

The shyte comes out in a flurry, burying the first scientist, coming up to the waist of the second, and covering the shoes of the third. In a blind panic the last two dive in, to try and help their colleague who is completely buried, but when they dig him out he's laughing hysterically.

He says "you should have seen that monkey trying to put the bung back in...!"

From the perspective of a board full of recovering cult-members the moral of this story surely is, if you're going to uncork something be aware of the consequences. You may be happy playing with corks, but are you as happy to stay around and help clear up the resultant shyte?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:From the perspective of a board full of recovering cult-members the moral of this story surely is, if you're going to uncork something be aware of the consequences. You may be happy playing with corks, but are you as happy to stay around and help clear up the resultant shyte?

Could you give me an example of a person being harmed by their becoming aware (however they came to that knowledge) that they are full of shyte?

It almost sounds as if you're saying that people, in that circumstance, might then need other people to come along and fill them up with new shyte, because "how can people who have lived a life full of shit exist happily w/o at least a little shit to comfort them?".

Is this the hidden agenda of the spiritual set, benevolent shyte replacement? :-D

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:
    Would that be the alchemy of passing a gold brick?

I don't take issue with the idea of folks uncorking people's shyte, so much as the concept of running around pulling corks without any regard for the cleanup process.

Having the bung removed has a habit of making people crazy, and there's surely enough raised emotions around here at the moment...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Terry wrote:

It is best to recognize an invitation to fight for what it is. IGNORE IT

Wooo-baby, look who's talkin'.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Is this the hidden agenda of the spiritual set, benevolent shyte replacement? :-D

dying....can't....stop....laughing......help....call 911........*gasp*.....*guffaw in the most un-ladylike manner*....*gasp again*....

J

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

THE ONLY ONE HERE ON THIS SITE THAT I CAN TRULY RELATE TO, IS THE MONKEY WITH HIS CORK.

IT REMINDS ME OF THE LAST DAYS OF MY MARRIAGE AND THE RESULTING DIVORCE AND HOW MUCH GLEE AND HAPPINESS THIS DELIVERED FOR MY EX AND THE ELDERS.

AS I STOOD THERE STUNNED, WITH MY CORK.

I KNOW NO ONE ON THIS FORUM OTHER THAN WHAT THEY TYPE AND I CANNOT VERIFY ANY OF IT.

THERE ARE TIMES THAT I AM NOT SURE THAT I KNOW ME!

IF I MET THEM IN PERSON, IT WOULD TAKE SOME TIME BEFORE I COULD SAY I TRUST THEM OR I KNOW THEM AND MORE TIME TO BE MY FRIEND.

IS UN CONDITIONAL LOVE POSSIBLE OR HEALTHY??? THAT DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFINITION OF UN CONDITIONAL LOVE.

I HAVE A SON THAT I LOVE. I WANT ALL THE BEST FOR HIM. I WEEP TEARS FOR HIM AND YET I DO NOT LIKE HIM. NOR CAN I TRUST HIM. HE IS SELF DESTRUCTIVE AND I CANNOT CHANGE THAT.

BUT I STILL LOVE HIM AND GRIEVE FOR HIM AND WOULD DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM.

HOWEVER MY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE TELLS ME TO LEAVE HIM TO HIS OWN. ANYTHING I DO TO HELP HIM WILL ONLY BRING MORE GRIEF AND SADNESS TO ME.

HE IS WHO AND WHAT HE IS AND I CAN NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF PERSON IN MY LIFE OR AROUND ME.

Outoftheorg felt like yelling at ya.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~removes cork from Brad's clenched fist, and pat him on back~
    "There, there, there."

I can follow your experience.
    My divorce takes place later this year.
    And yes, I still love her, though we are no longer part of each others' lives.
    Moving on...

• binadub
    binadub

I do not believe there is such a thing as intelligent unconditional love.
    People who practice it in life tend to be weak and victims of abuse--enablers to abusers and addicts.
    I have never seen where so-called "unconditional love" is a good thing.
    As a Christian, I also do not believe it is scriptural.

Just my opinion.

~Ros

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit