Six Billion Hearts Will Soon Stop Beating. . .

by ACEofCAD 79 Replies latest jw friends

• ACEofCAD
    ACEofCAD

. . . announced our Circuit Overseer last night in his talk about the urgency to preach because of the times. Followed by a silence that was broken with ohhhs and ahhhs. He said that a couple of times throughout his part, simulating a beating heart with his fist. I don't think that I have ever heard the message about the upcoming doom of nearly all life put quite like that. His comments bothered me but what disturbs me more is that almost everyone there seemed all too happy about it.

I don't know, what do you all think. Have you heard comments like that mentioned from the platform?

"It?s the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)" by R.E.M. running through my head now.

I better get back to work

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

That's so horrible!

Brooke

• blondie
    blondie

Just remind them it is their favorite Aunt Betty, their father, their mother, their nieces and nephews, all non-JWs.

I find they are happy when the dead are faceless.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That was downright sick and disgusting!

Josie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

How is that horrible? I mean after all they all have had a chance to become a Witness. They wanted to sleep at 9:30 on a Saturday morning and not heed God's call, well then they should die! Narrow and cramped is the road leading to becoming a Witness. Narrow your thinking and cramp your style...now we are talking!!!

Comments like the one the C.O. made disgust me!

• Preston
    Preston
    That's so horrible!

Brooke

...I know, almost as horrible as that Gawd-awful 70's dance video clip Brooke posted - Preston

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I think the world would be better if 6 Million (JW's) Mouths Will Soon Stop Flapping....

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    . . . announced our Circuit Overseer last night in his talk about the urgency to preach because of the times. Followed by a silence that was broken with ohhhs and ahhhs. He said that a couple of times throughout his part, simulating a beating heart with his fist. I don't think that I have ever heard the message about the upcoming doom of nearly all life put quite like that. His comments bothered me but what disturbs me more is that almost everyone there seemed all too happy about it.

That's truly sickening and the fact that people could actually take pleasure in the thought, look forward to such a thing and not question the logic of it really goes to show how brainwashed they are. Whatever happened to the God is love concept?

When I was a JW I would have sat there like everyone else and now that I'm not it's crazy to see how stupid and heartless I was to think such things about fellow humans.

• MattieSus
    MattieSus

Why am I not surprised?

He probably got an "A" at CO School for that "illustration"; and the gestures! Outstanding!!!

But seriously, I'm surprised this is the first time you've heard such a cruel and outlandish declaration from the platform, and that it was received with just mass joy.

I've been at assemblies, where by mid-discourse, this guy would have been getting applaudED everY time this inference got repeated. SICKO

This type of theatrical over dramatization isn't anything new. Just, some are more talented....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My soon-to-be-baptised friend mentioned the fruitage of love amongst JWs. I asked why he was grinning about the pope dying. I asked how he could be happy to see his neighbours die at Armageddon, including those he really likes, and how he could reconcile this with loving ones enemies etc.

He said the Bible teaches we must show no compassion. Where is this? Surely quoted out of context?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit