Six Billion Hearts Will Soon Stop Beating. . .

by ACEofCAD 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Pure guilt and fear mind control tactics, but the sad thing is they genuinely believe it and think it is quite reasonable for a God of love to exterminate 99% of the world's population.

I would have told everyone I came into contact with after that meeting that their founder Pastor Russell never believed any such monstrous thing and had a far more reasonable interpretation of scripture to the effect that the majority of mankind will be given the chance to learn about God properly during the 1000 year reign, not all massacred before it.

• Preston
    Preston
    Preston you know you LOVED it!

Brooke

Uh-huh....yeah...whatever... - Preston

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Creating fear in order to activate dependency needs is a strategy that has also been used in cults. False scenarios of doomsday and threat from external forces have been fabricated in order to heighten members? dependency on the leader. Jonestown, Branch Davidians, and Heaven?s Gate are just a few examples of cults that have propagated a sense of imminent danger and, therefore, a belief that the end was near (either from natural or social forces) in order to further a dependency on the leader. Muster (2004) reports that in the International Society for Krishna Consciousness the leaders announced that a nuclear war was impending, which resulted in a reorganization of the members into a crisis mode of dependency and fear. In this sense cult leaders behave like insensitive parents who instill fear and dependency rather than encourage independence and competence.

As the benefits to the cult leaders are many, so too are the costs to cult members. Much has been written about the loss of identity, the loss of time with family, and the loss of dreams that result from extended participation in cults (Langone, 1993; McKibben, Lynn, & Malinoski, 2002; Singer, 1996; Tobias & Lalich, 1994). The costs of cult participation are many, both psychological and financial. Many cults require hefty membership fees while others encourage if not require members to turn over all their assets and belongings to the leader or produce economic dependency on the cult. In addition to the financial costs associated with cult membership, former members describe the emotional harm done to them as the worst part of the experience (Singer, 1996). The emotional costs include (1) diminished self-esteem from excessive dependence (2) guilt from having hurt friends and family, (3) depression and sadness over time lost with friends and family, and (4) difficulties trusting self and other (Tobias & Lalich, 1994). The participants in the study experienced each of these negative emotional outcomes as a result of being alienated from one parent due to the actions and behaviors of the other. [4]

from: The Cult of Parenthood: A Qualitative Study of Parental Alienation

Amy J. L. Baker, Ph.D.

from http://www.culticstudiesreview.org/csr_issues/csr_toc2005.1.htm (need paid subscription)

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*puts on Aerosmith to calm Pressie*

There there, dear. You're just jealous of the lead singers awsome outfit and hair.

J

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yeah, but if the WTS was really teaching that....no one would NEED to be a JW.

No one would NEED to go out in service or place books and magazines.

It is similar to an argument I had with an elder at one time. I said to him... "When I go evening Witnessing for 3 hours, I contact more people and have more discussions than when I got out for a whole month for 12 hours doing morning only. Shouldn't our goal be conversations not hours per se?"

He said the hourly goal to how you set your priorities in the month. Low hours means service isn't a priority.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I remember everytime before a storm there would be tons of crows out in the fields my mother would look at them and say look they are getting ready for their feast after armagedon. it always made me so sick

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

How terrible to make such a comment like that. Talk about genicide yes and how about being judgemental and acting as if they were Judge, Jury and Exicutioner. I think it was a pathetic discription of peoples hearts stopping. In my opinion he is brain dead. How about 6 million JWs prosecuting the world. Sickening..

They will soon realize that they didn't take the logs out of their own eyes. Such narrowmindedness it's beyond belief.

Well what to you expect from callus persons in the upper room?

Orangefatcat.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I remember everytime before a storm there would be tons of crows out in the fields my mother would look at them and say look they are getting ready for their feast after armagedon

If I heard someone say that now I would be taken back. I would say, "How can you even say such things. Do you listen to the words coming out of your mouth?" It's wierd to think I was caught up in that kind of thinking at one time.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wonder if this clown really believes it himself. What a dick.

• jula71
    jula71

Pure and simple fear tactic. If you don't want to die, go out and preach.!!!!!! Something tells me Jesus wasn't that kind of guy, in fact he said, have faith in me and you will be saved. Pretty easy. These dicks have made it a matter of works not faith.

JULA71

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit