New member, question thats been asked many times, but how do you feel ?

by Greyeyes 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Greyeyes
    Greyeyes

4Thought:

One thing that I learned from my experience with getting the boot, was that no one wants to shun you. All that have stopped talking to me have hated to do so, and all do care for me. The elders that where int he meeting, etc, I have known for many years. I worked at a job with one of them for another year bfore I moved to Atlanta. The elders in this congregation, while they never met me, never knew me, and were able to just look at me and tell that I am df'd still pulled me aside, and welcomed me, telling me that i was welcome anytime, and they would do anything for me and my gf they could.

I guess my reason for joining this site want to find ways to turn my gf's back to it, or even my own. I'm very familier with most of the arguements that are used repeatedly here, and to be honest, I've taken them all with a certain grain of salt. Such as the UN topic. All worldy governments are the hand of the Devil so to speak in their eyes. But that doesnt stp them from working with them to get, maintain and protect their freedoms to worship. I've always looked at the Un issue as just one more governemt body they've worked with to do so. Lets face it, as a whole these days, theres really not one other religion thats persicuted globally likehe JW's. But I'm not going to really spectulate the issue. I just joined looking to see what other people are out there, and what they deal with in their lives since leaving, hoping to find others like me, who dont hate the JW's, dont try to tear them to shreads, and even though they may not believe in it anymore, they still have respect for those that are JW's.

• tweety
    tweety

Welcome Greyeyes....It sounds like your girlfriend is caught up in the warm-fuzzy feeling that she received when she went to the KH. ( I know how that feels when people swarm around you the first time you walk into a KH )

Your Girlfriend is also educated and is searching for answers about the bible...you and everyone on this site knows that the JW's have an aswer for everything. ( Usually, 'the Watchtower says this and the Watchtower says that' )

As the many post before me stated....she can also find a wealth of information right here. You can look under Action: Jump to: CHOOSE - FORUM RELATED - LINKS. I think that in that section you can find related liks to other websites which have been very informative to me.

Dee

• doogie
    doogie
    One thing that I learned from my experience with getting the boot, was that no one wants to shun you. All that have stopped talking to me have hated to do so, and all do care for me.
    they still have respect for those that are JW's.

this is exactly why it is hard for me to respect many active JWs. i was never disfellowshipped, i disassociated myself when i stopped believing that they have the true religion and was shunned by EVERYONE (actually, truth be told, i was shunned long before i technically DAd myself. if they shunned me when they weren't required to, it's hard for me to believe they didn't WANT to.) but in any case, i do believe that my family would rather not shun me if given the option. the fact that my family WANTS to talk to me (at least in principle) but won't because a group of men they haven't met before tell them they can't, is exactly why i can't respect their actions. it would be different if deep down, on a fundamental level they hated me and my actions. but i know that they don't.

as far as the UN stuff, what got to me was how the JWs were always going on and on about how they were DIFFERENT than any other religion in that they had no ties to government. if the argument is that the JWs are no different than any other religion in this regard and the UN thing is no big deal, then they are simply no different than any other religion and the JWs are no big deal. simple as that.

just wanted to throw that in. for the record, i feel that the witnesses are as deluded as any other religion and in that respect i don't denegrate them MORESO than any other religion.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello and a big welcome to Greyeyes.

Yes I can understand how you feel. I sometimes miss the old days too. I miss the "Brotherhood" the sense of believing that I knew God and the purpose in my life.

The trouble is that I am certain now that it is just not true ! , and to accept it just accepting the falsehood... I know that the J W arguments are very persuasuve, I used them for 40 years. They appear to have an answer for everything, but just three questions if I may

If they are "Spirit directed", why has every prophecy regarding the future, failed. Please read the history.

Would our father really wish to slaughter the 90% of the worlds innocent population, because they do not accept the Watchtower Society?

Why did our "Mother" organisation mislead us and became associated with the United Nations, as an NGO? and why are so many of the quotations,used in literature about creation/evolution, so horribly taken out of context as to be misleading? Does that reflect the god of truth?

Btw. This may be obvious but if your girlfriend goes into the witneses and you stay outside - you will lose her for sure. Are you happy with that?

Please consider the excellent stuff at wwwfreeminds.com., and ajwrb.com .......Stay around and keep posting, this is a great place

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Lets face it, as a whole these days, theres really not one other religion thats persicuted globally likehe JW's.

This type of statement is used by many dubs as 'proof' that they have 'the truth'. This is no kind of proof in any shape or form. This type of 'proof' allows the governing body to lie and misrepresent sources and then pass off opposition as persecution from 'the world'. These sorts of beliefs are the result of high control group conditioning and twisted logic.

GBL

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

"I guess my reason for joining this site want to find ways to turn my gf's back to it, or even my own."

Why place the burden of your decisions on others? If you can not find any problems with the Witness on your very own, why don't you just stay in it?

Actually, the inability to figure things out on our own, is a major prerequisite to being a perfect little Witness.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yikes!

Dude chill a little... and hang around here a while before you take another step!

Give JWD thirty days... you'll think things you never thunk you'd thunk. LOL

u/d (of the been where you're at class)

• Greyeyes
    Greyeyes

Sorry for the Typo James. That should have read "I guess my reason for joining this site WASNT to find ways to turn my gf's back to it, or even my own."

My typing gets sloppy when i'm at work pounding away all day on my keyboard.

GBL:

Yes I agree that ones used to death, and frankly that bothers me. But at the same time, it doesnt change the fact that they are infact one of the largest globally persecuted religions in the world today, for whatever reason. But I wasnt using that statement to prove its "the truth"

• jaredg
    jaredg

welcome greyeyes...i just have one thing to say. your gf said...

"If this isnt as close to the truth as possible, then there is no truth."

she's right....there is no truth. truth is just a figment of your imagination based on each individual's own reality. once you and her realise that no belief system can be proven with out a doubt to be right or true then you will be better off. what we are left with are facts, and with facts we can form an OPINION as to what they mean. you will also relise that we learn new facts everyday which in turn mold our belief system. that's why i have vowed never to become stagnant in my belief system, which is exactly what the WTS asks you to do. just think about it.

regards,

jared

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Greyeyes,

So you are looking for people to interact with who feel that the WTS is right and good but, for whatever reasons, don't want to follow its teachings and live according to its standards? Do I understand that correctly?

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit