New member, question thats been asked many times, but how do you feel ?

by Greyeyes 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I have not read all the responses but just to say that yes the Amish are a cult. In fact they are a very destructive cult. Many lives have been repressed and harmed through their isolation and shunning practices. The romantic outward image hides the pain of many of it's members. In many ways they are like the JWs.

• lilbit
    lilbit

adelmaal. I took that test it was very eye opening.

Gee guys Im sure glad you didnt pounce on me like this when I first started posting. I would have been completly scared away.

• Min
    Min

I would like to thank everyone for welcoming me to the site.

SixofNine, very good point, I am determined to keep an open mind about this, but the name is the one most difficult things for me to stop using. I believe it's the first thing taught to children. A friend just gave me a NIV bible, I love it. I've only read Genesis & Exodus, so far I haven't seen the name Jehovah. I can't follow the KJV yet, but I hear it's the most accurate. I would love to see what others think about the different versions out there.

OldSoul, have no idea where the name came from, my best friend calls me by this. And because it has nothing to do with my identity, I used it.

I look forward to everyone's opinions, even if they are not so nice. The truth hurts, right? That's what I am looking for. I want the truth about the "truth". One question I could never get answered is why JW's excuse some members for gross misconduct, such as child molestation, saying God will punish them. At the same time, DF a woman for divorcing an abusive husband. I have never agreed with the DF/DA idea anyway. Who are they to judge? Jesus loves us all, who has the right to pass judgment before him?

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Hey! I took a survey from some site recommended by a guy I met on the internet.

Since the LORD works in mysterious ways, I will now base the rest of my life on the following results:

How did the Belief-O-Matic do? Discuss your results on our message boards.
    1. Jehovah's Witness (100%)
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (90%) 3. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (85%) 4. Eastern Orthodox (67%) 5. Roman Catholic (67%) 6. Orthodox Judaism (65%) 7. Seventh Day Adventist (65%) 8. Hinduism (58%) 9. Islam (55%) 10. Orthodox Quaker (52%) 11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (51%) 12. Bahá'í Faith (49%) 13. Jainism (47%) 14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (43%) 15. Mahayana Buddhism (39%) 16. Theravada Buddhism (37%) 17. Sikhism (37%) 18. Liberal Quakers (29%) 19. Reform Judaism (25%) 20. New Thought (24%) 21. Neo-Pagan (23%) 22. Scientology (23%) 23. Nontheist (20%) 24. Unitarian Universalism (20%) 25. New Age (15%) 26. Secular Humanism (13%) 27. Taoism (7%)
  • EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well .....

Maybe you can start the "de-programming process" by seeing how crazy the Taoism faith is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit