Move on...

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw experiences

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am a nice person really! I just have mean things to say! LOL with a evil laugh!

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~grabs Brooke, dives back into pit and stuffs mouth with jello~

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have a big mouth!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

OMG you dont want to see me naked in chocolate pudding!

Josie ~ what the hell happened to my topic!!

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I love you Brooke! I can only hope my baby, Reagan Brooke, will live up to her name...

~dives into jello for the love fest; all the while hoping it is watermelon jello~

• undercover
    undercover
    I hope to God none of the MoveOners are at the phone when a rape victim calls "you just got raped? you need to move on honey" You must be one who tells the holocaust victium who lost most of their family "Move On". Or tells the black community "yes we know about slavery but that was over a hundred years ago - move on". I could go on and on but you know what I'm saying.

There is a difference between someone who just had a traumatic experience that affects them and an event that happened decades and generations ago that does not personally affect them.

I agree that telling someone who just suffered a traumatic experience to 'move on' would be wrong. But in time, to heal properly, or as best as one can heal, there is a time to 'move on'.

Slavery, the Holocaust and many other ugly examples of man's brutality are historical events that can't be changed. We have to 'move on' from them. Hopefully as we 'move on' from these things we learned something and we vow to not let it happen again. That's part of 'moving on'.

Similarly ex-JWs have to 'move-on'. When we first learn of the deception we were under, it is a shock to the system and takes time to come to grips with it. Some take longer than others. But in time, we have to realize that we can't change what happened, we can't have those years back, it's time to deal with it and make the best of our time from here on out. Constantly moaning and groaning about how the WTS did us wrong for too long of a time will not help us heal and 'move on' but actually keep us from enjoying the new freedom from the clutches of false religion.

Just my .02

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Little Toe and I are rolling around in Jello....that's what happened!

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Brooke:
    I bet I can fill it

Josie:
    It's been "Toe"'d

LT, of the "we don't need no steenkin Tango" class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Undercover:
    We've "moved on"

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    what the hell happened to my topic!!

It truly was hijacked wasn't it - LOL!

I'm really big on those layered pudding cups... Chocolate and Vanilla all mixed together!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit