Something our Circuit Overseer said.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

I was always led to believe we didnt believe in guardian angels.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I always thought that arguing with someone for hours was a complete waste of time. Once you make your point and the conversation starts to go in circles, move on. Standing there and arguing theological points is a complete waste of time as both partied minds are made up and nothing will change it.

Will

• melmac
    melmac

So I see this is the new way the WTS found to scare people into work: you are being watched by angels. Tricky, huh? I wonder who came up with this one... now every time you go on FS you gotta watch out for your "guardian angel"...

• Scully
    Scully

Do Guardian Angels TM have the additional Privilege TM of ratting you out to Jehovah if you deliberately pad your Field Service Report TM ?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Can an angel tell if your playing "pocket pool" while in "the field"?

How embarassing

u/d (of the deep pockets class)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well if the angel is waiting at the next door for me to catch up I can only assume he is ACTUALLY at the donut shop waiting for me to get my sorry butt over there since he know's FIELD SERVICE is a waste of time.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    But when they start talking false prophets, date setting and 607 I am silenced. I still feel that we have some things right but their are other major things wrong.

This is called cognitive dissonance. Out of one side of your mouth you say "we are right" out of the other you say "we are wrong." No matter what the WTS changes in the future they can never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never erase the false prophecies, doctrinal flip flops, double standards, cover ups etc. To say, "I still feel that we have some things right. . . " is missing the point. It's a mind that can't accept the fact that what it believes to be true, simply isn't. So cognitive dissonance protects you from seeing what is right in front of you. But, once you get past that self defense mechanism then it becomes obvious that the WTS is a fraudulent, worthless organization that has survived by constantly lying and changing it's teachings.

• steve2
    steve2

So, even the good old guardian angel loses patience with the Jw who argues with a householder and flies on to the next house. I've got a heavenly tip for the nearest guardian angel: Don't lose patience, lose the JW. Surely you can fly more than one house away - they'll always find you. Like, try flying back to heaven, okay?

• badboy
    badboy

i REMEMBER THERE WAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT gUARDIAN aNGELS in one of the magazines,said there didn't exist.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Perhaps the CO was thinking of this, from [ it-1 pp. 107-108 Angel]:

Thereafter, God?s spirit messengers continued ministering to his servants on earth, even as Jesus promised: "Do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father." (Mt 18:10) "Are they not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?" (Heb 1:14) No longer do these mighty angelic ones appear visibly in behalf of Jehovah?s servants on earth, as when they delivered the apostles from prison; nevertheless, God?s servants are assured of the ever-present, invisible protecting armies, as real as those that surrounded the prophet Elisha and his servant. "He will give his own angels a command concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." Yes, "the angel of Jehovah is camping all around those fearing him, and he rescues them."?Ps 91:11; 34:7; Ac 5:19; 2Ki 6:15-17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit