Something our Circuit Overseer said.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 30 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

He said that if we take time to argue or disagree with someone at the door then our guardian angel is already waiting at the next door with out us. Basically what this does is train us to flee from anything that may conflict with what we are trying to teach or anything that we may believe. To stay at the door and
    try to reason for over a couple of minutes would be something frowned upon by the Angels and Jehovah. I remember staying and arguing points at the door for a couple of hours sometimes feeling that I was invinsible. Sadly as time has passed and people are becoming more educated by the internet its getting harder to face people that know how to type the words Jehovahs Witness in Google. I can still spend all day arguing Greek words and confusing people on various doctrines Hellfire ect. But when they start talking false prophets, date setting and 607 I am silenced. I still feel that we have some things right but their are other major things wrong. :(

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    then our guardian angel is already waiting at the next door with out us.

I did not know we had a guardian angel.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

wish my guardian angel would find me a sugar daddy!

• Honesty
    Honesty

our guardian angel is already waiting at the next door with out us.
    What is the angel's name?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    then our guardian angel is already waiting at the next door with out us.

Like these angels have no patience at all! geesh

Brummie

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

THIS CO IS FULL OF CRAP!

OUTASERVICE

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

when conviction flies out of the window one has no chance at the doors

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    our guardian angel is already waiting at the next door with out us.

Is this new light? When the JWs first studied with me they taught me that people didn't have "guardian angels". Are they starting to adopt some Catholic teachings?

To stay at the door and try to reason for over a couple of minutes would be something frowned upon by the Angels and Jehovah.

I take that to mean the "reasoning book" has been ineffective, or he would be encouraging people to use it.

What does he think? That householders will simply accept what the JWs say without question? How stupid! No one who has a life will alienate their current family and friends without questioning what they're getting in to. So it shows what type of people they're looking for.

Or maybe they realize there will be no growth from the "field", and they're just trying to keep their current members so busy that they don't have time to research their own doubts.

Walter

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've noticed how the Dubs are all "OLD SCHOOL" in their attempts crushing "apostate" issues.

Every CURRENT and VALID "apostate" issue isn't even covered by their literature. They have no ammo, except to flee and run.

Never thought I'd see the day that THAT happened. Glad I did though.

I just love how the 4th grade intellect of the R&F are so enamored with such "charismatic" speakers. I'm sure everyone was saying what a great talk he gave and how they could feel J's "spirit"- when really it was only gas.

u/d

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    ...I can still spend all day arguing Greek words and confusing people on various doctrines Hellfire ect. But when they start talking false prophets, date setting and 607 I am silenced. I still feel that we have some things right but their are other major things wrong. :(

That's a scary thought in that you have to wonder what exactly you feel you can be sure of. I think the society has put itself and its people in this position by claiming to be the sole "truth," and people have no problem refuting that scenario if they have a little understanding of some things -- especially WT history. How can anyone feel the WT is God's sole truth and treat each word in WT and Awake! mag's as if it was God speaking whenever the WT has a 0% prophecy success rating? I like how the Bible says not to be afraid of those people.

Assuming you are a current JW, I'd recommend trying as honestly as you can to read the Bible from a very neutral standpoint, keeping scriptures in immediate context, reading from beginning to end of each chapter and making sure what's being discussed is actually what is meant in the actual and full context. I'd also recommend reading up on links provided on such sites as www.freeminds.org as well as those people provide here, and because I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, I know I wouldn't just accept anything anyone said that went against my beliefs, so I highly recommend seeing what answers the WT has for various accusations/refutations, but please try to keep an honestly open neutral view, almost as if you've never heard either view before, and maybe you'll get the answers you're looking for. I wish you well~!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit