by PaNiCAtTaCk 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What is the angel's name?

Michael

....or was it Fecal? I can't remember.

• heathen
    heathen

Say just a thought here . Maybe they could form a joint venture with white cassel hamburgers and sell publications in the lobby ? LMAO I don't disbelieve the CO in question tho . Who's to say ? Angels are invisible , Ya can't argue with invisibility .

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Let the Guardian Angels do the work.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All part of the dumbing down of the ministry and the study process... dont think too deep, dont bother researching, just parrot what the paragraph says and the study conductor will commend you .

I guess that if you get deep into conversation you might find out that your arguments are very thin indeed. So, offer a magazine and on to the next call.. BTW The idea of the angels being with 'us' in the ministry has always been there - from Rev 14.6 - 7

Dont worry the next Circuit/District Overseer will probably say just the opposite and tell you to get your Bible out and reason with the Householder....

I guess that you still do the Ministry ? I could not do so, having faced my personal "crisis of conscience", I just could not tell people things that I now know to be untrue... I look back on those hours as the most wasted in my life...

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    iiz2cool: Is this new light? When the JWs first studied with me they taught me that people didn't have "guardian angels". Are they starting to adopt some Catholic teachings?

You're kidding, right?

They have already adopted magisterium, Congregation as the decision making body, an organizational intercessor between man and Christ ...they have had those teachings for some time now.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Preston
    Preston

In a way, I'd like to think our spiritual lives are guided by some unseen forces. But.... I think if angels are present at a door visited by a JW, then they are there to enlighten the dubs. From what I remember ,going to district conventions they told us on numerous occassions that the purpose of our ministry was to "change people or they would change us" hi-lighting the fact that the ministry wasn't there to engage in open spiritual discussion because the JW's have their minds made up already. It's a service fostered by one-sided notions, hypocrisy, and just a tinge of hatred. It's "the truth" which is such a presumptive expression in itself, its wonder more people don't see "the man behind the curtain". It will take a person with an open mind to be graced with the presence of a powerful spirit, in my humble opinion...

- Preston.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Old soul

Welcome back.

You're kidding, right?

I remember is as the wt guardian angels aren't allways on guard. They are like casual labor, they may be there for a specific job and then bugger take time off to play the machines or whatever.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

*** w76 8/15 p. 494 Jehovah, a Helper Without Equal ***

Are Jehovah?s powerful angels still willing and eager to serve in behalf of his people on earth? Most assuredly! When alerting his disciples to the seriousness of stumbling others, Jesus stressed the concern of the angels in the matter: "See to it that you men do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven." (Matt. 18:10) Jesus? words do not necessarily mean that each devoted Christian has a special guardian angel assigned to him. But apparently angels are looking out for the spiritual welfare of true Christians as a whole.

---

Notice too, that they disagree w jesus on his statement that each little one has an angel(s).

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

*** w76 4/1 pp. 223-224 Questions from Readers ***

What does Acts 12:15 mean when, in regard to the apostle Peter, it says: “It is his angel”?

We cannot be certain, as the account does not go on to explain what was meant. But the speaker may have had in mind a holy angel representing Peter, what some might call a “guardian angel.”

Herod Agrippa I had Peter arrested and imprisoned. The apostle was there “bound with two chains between two soldiers, and guards before the door.” At night Jehovah’s angel released Peter and he went to the home of Mary, John Mark’s mother.—Acts 12:3-12.

“When he knocked at the door of the gate way, a servant girl named Rhoda came to attend to the call, and, upon recognizing the voice of Peter, out of joy she did not open the gate, but ran inside and reported that Peter was standing before the gateway. They said to her: ‘You are mad.’ But she kept on strongly asserting it was so. They began to say: ‘It is his angel.’”—Acts 12:13-15.

Rhoda, evidently a Christian, was familiar with Peter. What could the disciples have concluded from her excited, amazing report?

The Greek word they used, aggelos, literally means “messenger.” While it sometimes is applied to a human messenger, it is the word used in the Bible for a spirit messenger from heaven, an angel. (Jas. 2:25; Gal. 1:8) In view of its two possible applications, some commentators have said that the disciples meant that at the gate was a man that Peter had sent from prison with a message, a human messenger. However, this seems doubtful, for if Peter was under such heavy guard, how could he send a messenger? And this view would not account for Rhoda’s having recognized the voice as Peter’s.

Others of Christendom’s commentators have suggested that the disciples may have thought that Peter died and his “disembodied spirit” was there. This, though, cannot be the true explanation, for those disciples knew that a human does not possess an immortal soul that can survive the body; he is a soul.—1 Cor. 15:45.

What about a spirit messenger, an angel? God had often used angels in dealing with and guiding his worshipers. For example, Jacob spoke of “the angel who has been recovering me from all calamity.” (Gen. 48:16) The Jews knew this. Also, it appears that there was a widespread belief, though not based directly on the Bible, that an angel was assigned to watch over each Israelite, as a sort of guardian angel.

We cannot say to what extent these Christian Jews in Mary’s home knew of or accepted this. But definitely they were aware of Jesus’ statement about his followers: “See to it that you men do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father.” (Matt. 18:10) So, after overcoming their initial amazement, the disciples may have erroneously concluded that Jehovah had sent an angelic messenger who was representing Peter and even speaking with a voice like his.

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is what you get when you put "untrained volunteers" in positions of leadership. They're liable to say anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit