Kill the Kid, Now That's Justice! (WT 5/15/05 QFR)

by ezekiel3 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gadget
    Gadget
    But we must remember that if the case had been handled by human judges, the parents as well as the unborn child in the womb would have lost their lives.

Are they saying that it doesn't matter about the life of the baby because it was going to die anyway? What sort of spin would that put on the way they treat others considering most of the earths populaton is going to die any day now at armeggedon?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The Bible can totally f*ck up you're head if you seriously think about it.. on one hand we are told that God created us in his image and in the other he's a sadistic murdering phycho and we are expected to love him for it. How can a person really love this tribal imaginary God?

GBL

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I don't know if this has been said 'cause I am so boiling mad that I haven't read all the posts yet (and I do need to do some work today) but; if we who are created in God's image and likeness (as the dubbers like to say - and/or the Bible if you wish) even in our 'imperfect state' would not consider for a moment killing a child for the sins of the father then how could a 'loving' God do something that is so reprehensible to us 'lowly', 'imperfect' humans?

For example; If my husband/boyfriend had an affair and got another woman pregnant, I would be mad as he** at HIM and depending on the circumstance I might be mad at her as well. BUT - NEVER would I want to take vengeance upon the child. The child is the only innocent person in the equation.

Furthermore, as an grown woman who's experienced a lot in life, If Jehoba, or whomever else told me he'd take one of my kids because of something I did, I'd offer myself in their place so that they can live and experience life. Why didn't David or Bath-takin-she-ho do that?

• Jez
    Jez
    We can be confident that Jehovah dealt with the matter justly, for "perfect is his way."

In other words: "Don't question it, just accept it." The above is no more than a soother that they stick in the mouths of JWs to shut them up.

Jez

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Great commentary in the right margin on these scriptures below; makes the whole situation sound even worse! Do you think maybe not all scripture is inspired of God? Could that be it? Drama!

• blondie
    blondie

I always found this difficult to understand as a child...it wasn't just that the child became ill and God chose not to perform a miracle and give it good health..."struck a blow" indicates that God caused the illness.

This is why I find the OT suspect...more the recountings by some Jews of a tribal God without the mercy of Christ.

That child wasn't the first to suffer because of David's sins.

w93 3/15 pp. 8-9 Jehovah?s Mercy Saves Us From Despair ***

Through the prophet Nathan, God exposed David?s sins and said: "I am raising up against you calamity out of your own house." Accordingly, the child born to Bath-sheba died. (2 Samuel 12:1-23) David?s firstborn son, Amnon, raped his own half sister Tamar and was murdered by her brother. (2 Samuel 13:1-33) The king?s son Absalom tried to usurp the throne and disgraced his father by cohabiting (raped is a better term) with David?s concubines. (2 Samuel 15:1?16:22) Civil war ended in Absalom?s death and in more grief for David. (2 Samuel 18:1-33) However, David?s sins humbled him and made him aware of the need to stay close to his compassionate God. If we should err, let us humbly repent and draw close to Jehovah.?Compare James 4:8.

w85 2/15 pp. 22-23 Does Greed Sometimes Grip You? ***

Still, he paid a heavy price. His first son by Bath-sheba died as a babe, and his family from then on was plagued with calamities. (I think David's little son paid a heavier price.)

--------------

The WTS uses this situation to show why it is right for minor children of people executed at Armageddon to die as well.

w52 6/1 pp. 342-343 Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period ***

FAMILY

RESPONSIBILITY

Since Ezekiel 9:4-6 shows that some "little children" are in the class eternally destroyed at Armageddon, on what basis are they put in that class in view of the fact that they are too young to be held accountable for themselves? The Scriptures indicate a family responsibility or a family merit under which the destiny of unresponsible children is determined. Scriptural examples of this principle will help meek and teachable ones mold their minds to fit in with God?s view on this matter, will help them get God?s thoughts on it rather than stubbornly clinging to their own. Theirs are not only fallible but also immaterial, since Jehovah?s are the ones that fix the principles that determine the outcome of the matter.

When Dathan and Abiram rebelled against Jehovah?s theocratic arrangement in the wilderness the earth swallowed them up. But not them alone, for the record shows that along with them perished "their wives, and their sons, and their little children". (Num. 16:23-33; Deut. 11:6) Did not Achan by his greed bring death not only to himself but to his sons and daughters as well, his entire household and possessions being destroyed with him? (Josh. 7:24-26) Did not David?s sin result in his offspring?s death? (2 Sam. 12:15-18) Ham?s trespass brought a curse upon his son Canaan. (Gen. 9:22-27) King Saul?s descendants suffered for his sins. (2 Sam. 21:1-9) Also, the Mosaic Law stated that the iniquities of the parents should be visited upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

At a time of judgment Jesus said: "If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." (Matt. 15:14, NW) That means not only clergy and laity but also parent and child. If a parent chooses to sin against the holy spirit despite the eternal interests of his offspring, that then becomes the responsibility of the parent. We have seen how the destructions at the time of the Flood and at the time of the fiery downpour on Sodom and Gomorrah were final. No small children were preserved in the ark; they must have been slain by Jehovah. Many babes and youngsters must have been in Sodom and Gomorrah, but their youthful innocence did not cause Jehovah to count them righteous. The presence of ten righteous ones would have saved the cities. There were certainly more than ten unresponsible children. Along with their unrighteous parents they were slain by Jehovah.?Gen. 18:20-33; 19:1-26.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So following their logic in that article...

punishment by human judges=David would be killed himself

punishment by God=David's child would be killed after suffering for several days of serious illness

...although obviously unjust, WTS is claiming God's judgement was more just than the human judges would have been. The only way to accept that illogical BS is to stop using your brain altogether.

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

will someone please tell me why are you taking it out on the jw..for what is in all bibles.i'll admit with them as with other religions ive known about have their own believes(though the other religions don't get picked on)yes its sad!.but it was god who didn't let david unborn child live..not the jw.so why act like its their fault?shouldn't you be taking that up with god?i mean come on people be real!there are stories in the bible of how gods faithful servants messed up.david took a woman that didn't belong to him and got her husband killed so that he can have her.maybe god didn't think they should make a baby from what he considers to be a sin...but again...that's gods doing...not the jw!

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, Sad, if you notice the quotes from the WT publications, they agree with killing minor children because of their parent's sins. That is how they justify their teaching that God will kill all those children of non-JWs at Armageddon...not that I believe God is going to do that...but the WTS says he will.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

No wonder Jesus had to come to earth for redemption - his and ours. His father was a selfish egotistic baby-killer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit