How do you think you will handle your own death? . . . . . [language alert]

by nicolaou 56 Replies latest social physical

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Wise words, FMZ.

As far as death, why wait? A death meditation can be quite eye opening (no pun intended).

Lie on your bed and silently imagine the body is dying.
    Relax.
    Be very present with the bodies last few breaths.
    Let go.
    Observe the body sensations and emotions.
    Be still.
    Silently observe.

Surrender completely; let go your grip and fall.

It may take a while, but you will likely find that wondrous understanding can open and reveal itself within such surrender.

• upside/down
    upside/down

JT- very ZEN of you!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

OK, Stilla. That's my point. If you considered the possibility of death then, what's so different about it now? Regardless of whether or not I believed we can 'live forever on a pair of dice earth' (on G. Hoover's timetable, of course), it seems like I was always cognizant of my mortality as a human bean.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't really think I will like it. I say live while you are alive and die when you're dead.

GBL

• Forscher
    Forscher

I came close a few years ago. So I know that I will fight as long as I can, then die with as much dignity as I can muster.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I'm so sick of working on my master's thesis that death sounds great.

Seriously, JamesThomas, I do a variation of what you suggest from time to time and I find it very energizing.

Chris

• siegswife
    siegswife

nic, I have to admit that I've always been a pussy when it comes to my own death. It's a bit contradictory considering that I've often engaged in actions that could be detrimental to my existence, but the fact remains.

Yes, I think that JW's appeased that aspect of my personality. I was going to live forever even if I didn't swallow most of the so-called life giving bread that the offer.

I'm still a pussy regarding my death, but being 40 something with a 7 year old daugher has made me more aware of the neccesity to plan for that day. In answer to the question "How will you handle your own death?" I don't think I'll handle it very well. I hope that I'll have planned well enough so my daughter will be able to handle it.

Death sucks.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Truthfully, I would be afraid of it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I came very close to biting the big one a few years ago after a childbirth went south. I don't know about other ways to go, but bleeding to death is pretty peaceful. It was easy to let it all go at the time, and I just told my husband good bye and closed my eyes. I was surprised at my complete lack of will to live at the time. When they brought me around, I was surprised to wake up.

As far as a painful illness or condition, now *that* would be a rough way to go. Dying does not bother me. This world has been a pretty brutal place to exist and if it's better somewhere else, that's cool. I am only hopeful that the event would not be accompanied by undue suffering or expense to my family.

I have a DNR on file.

J

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"I have a DNR on file."

Department of Natural Resources?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit