How do you think you will handle your own death? . . . . . [language alert]

by nicolaou 56 Replies latest social physical

• Krystal
    Krystal

I dont know if there is an afterlife or not... but the way I see it is I don't want to waste one precious minute of my time here worrying/pondering or dreading it.

I am sure death will come all too quick and since it is inevitable I would prefer not to waste one minute of the time I have!

(besides... I could be having sex instead!! )

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Right here, right now, I don't fear death. To me it's a doorway from one life to another, though it'll probably be a bit of a wrench.

I suspect that I won't handle it as I expect, however (if that makes any sense).
    Life has a habit of throwing curve-balls, so why should it's last moments be any different?
    No smug grins, here - we're all out of them.

• jam
    jam

Nicolaous; posted this in 2005, For those that posted and

still around, do you feel the same today.(about death)

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think it might go something like this:

I CAN'T DIE! I WANT MY MOMMY.

-Sab

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

It's the last great adventure left to mankind . . . speculation builds fear and stifles the excitement of anticipation . . . imagine if you end up thinking . . . "shit . . . if I'd known it was this good I wouldn't have wasted so much time living" . . . my father (RIP) said something similar when he finally got false teeth.

Luvonyall

• The Finger
    The Finger

Probably badly.

I don't like being forced to do something.

However, I also don't like waiting for something that I know will happen. I like to get on with things.

Do I have free will? I have a built in desire to live. Why? God could have given me a desire to die. Everything I enjoy is only because God made it that way he could have made me enjoy spinach and things that are good for me.

When my brother died a few years ago I kind of felt he was the lucky one. He was done. I still have years to go.

If Jesus paid my debt then why would I die?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

To make sure that my funeral is handled in the way I would like, I have completely written out my funeral talk and my obituary. I am not about to have some hoaky religious ceremony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit