How do you think you will handle your own death? . . . . . [language alert]

by nicolaou 56 Replies latest social physical

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I know it's not the lightest of topics but the current news coverage of the Pope's final hours made me wonder if I'd face things as calmly as he is reported to be doing. I don't have his faith, or any faith anymore, but I can see how for a true believer that would be a source of strength.

The thing is, a lot of us thought we'd never die. Do you really comprehend what a truly massive mind-fuck that is? When I was embroiled in doubts and knew I was heading 'out of the truth' I remember waves of nausea hitting me. It was fear of dying. I didn't want to die - it wasn't fair, I wasn't supposed to die.

Well it's been a few years now and I've accepted mortality but I still don't like it. I think when I'm lying on my deathbed I'll be feeling cheated that I won't see my children and wife anymore. Cheated that I had to grow old and face a finality that I was promised would not exist for me.

I hope I'm wrong and that I won't still be angry at those WT bastards for what they've done to us all.....

Nic'

apologies for the language, guess I'm just pissed off today

• dh
    dh

I would like to know roughly when I will die, so that I can be by myself. If it happened in an accident or whatever, then I guess it wouldn't make any difference because it would be quick, but I would prefer to know, so that I can make my peace.

I don't think it's possible to have any one set manner in which we will handle dying, because there are so many different ways to die.

As they say, it's the journey that matters, and I think of dying as a journey. I do also think there must be a certain amount of peace gained from knowing you are dying and there is nothing you can do about it. It's the ultimate inevitability.

• moanzy
    moanzy

That is precisely why I think the "soul sleep" or being remembered in God's memory is wrong. I don't know what the answer is or what the Truth of death is really is. What I lean towards is the Near-death experiences and that perhaps we do go to heaven right away. Maybe God does allow us to see our families or sort of "check in " on them. I don't think that after we die and years down the road when our children are all grown up and we've missed out on their growing up period, then God resurrects us is at all fair.

Anyway that is just my view and how I reason with this subject. I hope you find something that makes sense to you.

Moanzy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think a little bit of bad language -as long as not overused - can convey a lot of meaning.

I too have come to terms with my own mortality - I think I will handle death really well. A heart attack in the middle of the night while I am asleep when I am 80 years old will be just fine - a death like Terry Schriavo no thankyou. I know some of you on this board think I talk about sex too much but the best death of all would be when I am 80 year old of a heart attack brought on by orgasm -sorry but it is the truth and how I feel

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"When I was embroiled in doubts and knew I was heading 'out of the truth' I remember waves of nausea hitting me. It was fear of dying. I didn't want to die - it wasn't fair, I wasn't supposed to die."

Even as a dub, when you believed in the new system, didn't you ever consider the possibility that you might be killed in a car wreck or something like that before Da Great Tribble-ation came around?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Kicking and screaming. In fact, there are times when I feel in the throes of death due to my illness with sleep apnea, a condition that suffocates you in your sleep. Waking up kicking and screaming is a reality for me at times, and I still call on Jehovah's name, In that as well as a host of other situations.

Though I'd like to believe that God is a lot more merciful then the WTBTS gives him credit for, all I can do is hope that when it's all said and done, that it's true. I can't imagine an all powerful, loving God to not give us a second chance. Look what we as humans over the course of time have had to contend with, false hopes due to religious misgivings, misunderstandings. The loss of our loved ones because of those misguided directions.

I still believe in the paradise earth becoming a reality, I just believe the WTBTS is light years off regarding the timing. I can't associate them with having the only answers, nor a monopoly on God as if they have him in their back pocket.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Even as a dub, when you believed in the new system, didn't you ever consider the possibility that you might be killed in a car wreck or something like that before Da Great Tribble-ation came around?

OH YES - always worried me a bit - even though "I knew" it was da troof

• FMZ
    FMZ

Death is overrated. The only way to face death is to face life. You aren't scared of dying, you are scared of never having lived.

FMZ

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    The only way to face death is to face life. You aren't scared of dying, you are scared of never having lived.

FMZ

Wow. So true.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Death - a big chance to get away from it all.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Frank Sinatra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit