A possible reason WHY, the 'New System' was never a Reality to us.

by gumby 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Morning Gumby!

But even views on the New System were prone to changes from the FDS.

Don't you remember the lion lying with the lamb scripture which used to 'mean' that even the animals would be peaceful with eachother.

The meaning of that was changed to the 'spiritual' characteristics of people living in the 'present spiritual paradise'. Even aggressive people would get on 'nicely' with their spiritual brothers.

So I assume it's lamb chops for lions in the earthly New System!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

As I remember, for most dubs "Paradise" means to take the vacant house of somebody who did'nt make it through....

But you are right Gumby, I too had only very vague idees re what was going to happen a bit Star Trek related.......

• Pole
    Pole

I personally hated the idea of the entire Earth being transformed into a "global park". I always shivered at the thought of every piece of natural landscape being turned into a bethel-like kitsch garden. Yuck...

Pole

• vitty
    vitty

Yeah speculation was BAD.

I read a story on another site, about life after armageddon

It was really good, it talked about how the elders where bossing everyone about,asigning pple to clear up the rotting bodies it was really how you could imagine it to be, TERRIBLE

There was agood twist in the end as well, if I find it again Ill post the details

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Trying to cram all the many billions upon billions of resurrected people on our planet is also something that may not be pretty. Keep in mind that infant mortality was HUGE for most of our species' existence (plus there were lots of famines and epidemics), meaning that high birthrates were needed to keep the population even at the puny level it was before the 19th century. Which means that many billions of people were born who will need to be resurrected (at least 50 billion, and up to 100 billion depending on how long our species has existed). And if our generation lives itself out without Armageddon coming, then God will have to add our current 6 billion to that number. Ugh.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My (ex)wife and I always loved to travel, but wondered how that might be possible while supporting yourself (gotta work to eat, right?).

She came home really upset one day when one of the more narrow-minded Elders told her that she would be stuck on this island for all eternity, as "Jehovah will place us where we are supposed to be". Even the concept of travel was dashed from her lips. She got around this one by taking the stance that he was just being dogmatic and unimaginative. Nonetheless, she remains a loyal dub. Go figure.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Yes.... mabey my memory escapes me, but I can't seem to remember any pretty paintings of people cleaning up the billions of dead bodies, including children.

Put that one in the "My Book of Bible Stories", bet it'll keep those JW kids right in line.

Ok... Im going to go throw up now.

• gumby
    gumby

Effervescent,

Yeah....I'm surprised there were no pictures of dead bodies with vultures surrounding them since the society was so keen on being descriptive in their artwork when they wanted to scare the hell out of you.

LT, That's the way it went sometimes when a dub didn't want to believe something........just pass it off that the one who made the statement was wrong as your ex did. Btw.....nice to hear from you again ....as always.

Leolaia,

Which means that many billions of people were born who will need to be resurrected (at least 50 billion, and up to 100 billion depending on how long our species has existed). And if our generation lives itself out without Armageddon coming, then God will have to add our current 6 billion to that number. Ugh.

I remember the AID book said that there were about 20 billion people who have lived on earth since it's beginning. They said if land was kept for forests, agriculture, etc., that there would be about 5 acres of land per person in the New System. If a family had 5 people in it.....they'd have 25 acres in that family.

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I wasn't too thrilled about Paradise Erf either. I recall asking my mother if I'd be enjoying music in Paradise Erf and she told me that all music by worldly singers would be destroyed. I guess that would only leave us with Kingdom Melodies, all 225 of them (I think that's how many there are). With such a small selection of songs to listen to (and not very good songs either), why would I want to live in Paradise Erf?

Also, any child who has grown up with technology today would be turned off by Paradise Erf. Since technology has advanced, kids go outside to play much less. They're too involved in their video games, TV, and the Internet. Petting a lion is nothing compared to making lions eat humans via technology.

However, I can see why the WTS still tells you that all dead people will be resurrected in the New Systum. It's just a way to bait people. They're playing on the memories of people.

If I make it into this so-called Paradise Erf, I'm gonna build myself a blow dart gun and a potato cannon and raise hell for 1000 years! It'll be like the old system all over again!

That's another thing I don't get, they're gonna let Satan loose again after 1000 years to eliminate the rest of the bad people who came back through resurrection. Who says that Paradise Erf isn't gonna be filled with wars, violence and theft?

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I stayed up all night reading the gospel now i'm not sure if i'm fully correct i still have more reading to do

but from what i gather. There is a scripture where paul tells them that hope isnt seen. You don't know what your hope is, for if you did it wouldnt be hope. When we have troubles what do you often say? I hope for the best, alot of times we don't know what the outcome will be. When the sinner died next to Jesus he told Jesus that he believed him and Jesus said that he would be with him in his kingdom. Jesus did not go into an explanation on what part the man would have nor did the man ask. He just accepted it. JW only add burden to themselves when they speculate on such things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit