A possible reason WHY, the 'New System' was never a Reality to us.

by gumby 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Perhaps this is a reason WHY many of us have said ..." the New System was never a REALITY to me". Maybe we simply could fathom it ...other than it being a Paradise we saw in pictures.

Gumby

Gumberly, it was a reality to me. I really believed in it; but then I had always hoped for something like it anyway. That is, long before I ever was a JW. Oh yeah and before the song Imagine.

• gumby
    gumby

Flyin......how did you imagine everyday life? Transportation, buisness, commerce, partying, music, etc.? Did you see life past the descriptions you saw in the magazines? I figured if the women looked like the babes in the magazines....we'd be 'sleepin in' till at least two in the afternoon, then pick fruit till dark, and then try and make more babies till we fell asleep.

Gumby

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    You never see any technology or earth friendly industries.

There are no vehicles, no electronic devices, no methods of communication.

And I DEFY you to find even ONE picture of a bong in the new system.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    And I DEFY you to find even ONE picture of a bong in the new system

LMAO!!! Yeah, some paradise that'll be. I'd have to be stoned to enjoy it what with rotting bodies, collapsed buildings, no sanitation and some dubby elders telling me to dig a big hole for the heathen dead.

I had an old dub friend of mine tell me that he wanted to open up a violin shop in the New System. The guy doesn't even listen to classical music. Guess there's not much else you're allowed to do.. its either that or the sandal hut.

Or maybe a tie rack. You'd make a fortune... if you were allowed to charge for products that is. Gotta look smart while your plundering your neighbours house.

What I felt about the New System? was that because the org. didn't really have any idea what it would be like and made pretty inane, unspecific forecasts every JW had their own idea of what paradise would be. Some JW's thought that some technology would be remain intact. Others thought that all languages would be brought back to the pre-babel dialect. No-one could prove or disprove anybodies ideas, no matter how far out, so every JW's personal paradise enticed them to think it could be a reality.

• vitty
    vitty

Now the really big issue for me was , where we going to have flushing toilets

The thought of going in a hole in the ground gave me shivers!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to really worry about it, how sad was I ???????????

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    The reason why, is because the writers of the publications didn't have a clue in order to tell us.

I thought and think about this still. The only thing we ever hear is how organized the org is and how we are to listen to them and follow them. If only the witnesses survive.....1% of the population scattered everywhere. I have never heard a plan to survive this global disaster. I really could not grasp why the need to destroy everything mankind has worked so hard to accomplish. I used to fantasize about building cities in the new system.

How were the witnesses going to accomplish all this without the help of the "worldly" people as ours skills are very limited? Look at the work involved in cleaning up after the tsunami, and hurricanes.....disasters of earthquakes and all kinds of other things. It can't be done with only a bible in hand. The preaching work is only able to happen with the help of the rest of the world taking care of everything else.

I bought it all hook line and sinker though.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I don't think any JW has really thought about whether any of this stuff is even possible let alone true.

It doesn't make any sense, but look at how many JW's there are that are buying it.

As far as the bird thing goes, I remember that whole story when I was a kid and I was really scared. We lived on a farm and there did seem to be so many crows, magpies and hawks.The hawks would attack you and the magpies would eat our baby rabbits. So you can imagine the images of flesh eating birds after the big A going through my mind.

Moanzy

• gumby
    gumby

Here's some of the birds us heathen apostate bastards will see just before Jehovah destroys us. I got one flyin around my house as we speak

Birds of prey or "raptors" are meat eating birds that use their strong feet, talons and hooked beaks to catch and kill their prey. This group includes eagles, osprey, hawks, owls ( Great Horned Owl ), kites, harriers, buzzards, merlins, vultures, goshawks and condors. They eat small mammals such as mice and rabbits, fish, snakes, Gumby's and even other birds. Some catch and kill their food and others (like vultures) feast on the leftovers other hunters leave behind.

Gumfood

• defd
    defd

ya'll are very funny. The Bible is clear that the Earth will be transformed into a Paradise. In some books of the bible it tells of how life will be.Revelation says that there will be no more sickness,death, pain and so-on. What will life be on a daily basis? We can only imagine. But we can beleive that it will be great. The bible says that Jesus will be ruling as the King. His rule is said to be a PEACEFUL one. Earthwide prosperity.One thing we can be assured of is that the New System will be MUCH< MUCH better than the one we live in now. Dont YOU want to be there? I do!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyin......how did you imagine everyday life? Transportation, buisness, commerce, partying, music, etc.? Did you see life past the descriptions you saw in the magazines?

First of all, I imagined that everyone in the paradise would be a dazzling version of his/her old system self, perfect and bright and healthy. People would look as before, just more refined and glowing like when you restore a car to its former splendor then maybe add some more chrome, some fancy pin striping, fuzzy dice and a Kennedy/Humphrey campaign license plate: small improvements and refinements that don't change the car beyond recognition but do make the car look even better than new. Dig?

Life everyday? I imagined that we'd all wake up feeling rested, restored and smiling each morning. We'd have all day and infinite eternity ahead of us. So no worries about death or accidents or allergies or getting ill would mar the splendor (I love the word splendor) of the morning. You'd know that you had all the time in the world to finish any project you started.

I felt like we'd be able to master any skill we wanted and then go on and master another skill. You could learn to play a whole orchestra of instruments if you wanted to. I felt like we'd wake up and do necessary chores and go out and get whatever jobs that needed to be done that day if any needed to be done. Then we'd have the rest of the day for leisure and to enjoy solitude or the company of others.

I did believe there would be marriage for everyone who wanted it and sex. I looked forward to a time when no one would sexually exploit anyone else and people would be happy with the one partner they chose to spend eternity with. No more wondering eyes and that type of annoying disatisfaction with relationships. We'd all be with someone so wonderful that that person would be the only person we'd be interested in. Hey, stranger things have happened.

To me the earth would be beautiful and we'd keep it beautiful, but it would be like now in the sense of having cities and regions and so on. Transportation would be pollution free whatever itwould be. Would we have public transportation probably. I figured we'd have the collective wisdom and knowledge of all the resurrected and they could help more modern people combine new and old technoligies to make the best of the both of them.

I looked forward to hearing music from the entire history of humankind. Imagine getting to hear the music that the ancient Egyptians composed or the Romans. I always wondered if someone would be resurrected and tell Jimi Hendrix that he was not the first to write Purple Haze.

We'd do the things we'd do if were weatlthy today. We'd travel if we wanted to some of the time. I looked forward to taking painting tips from Van Gogh, etc.

I looked forward to having back my dead family and friends. Man how wonderful that would have been.

The world would be a bit more maintenance free than it is now and food would grow more naturally so we'd not be killing ourselves working all the time. We'd have a system of trade and sharing that would not involve wages.

Part of me still wishes we could still have all of this. Oh yeah and I imagined that if we wanted to continue to have children, that we could go on and populate other planets.

Gosh, Gumberly I could write a whole book with the ideas I had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit