A possible reason WHY, the 'New System' was never a Reality to us.

by gumby 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Perhaps i'm wrong, but this is a possible explanation.I was always taught that a New System would soon replace the old one. In this new system there would be no more war, everyone would eat from his own 'fig tree', they would build houses and love one another.

In every publication that depicted this New System.....it was a picture of a beautiful lush productive earth, people were carrying baskets of vegetables and fruit walking together being of different decent, the men were bulding houses with smiles on their faces, and the children were playing with the animals.

The above discription was ALL we knew of that New System. Never were we told how life would be governed on a 'daily' basis....and how ALL the other aspects of life would be lived and handled. Why?

The reason why, is because the writers of the publications didn't have a clue in order to tell us. All they had in order to give us a glimpse of the New Order was what the bible told them. They used scriptures from Isaiah which they felt told of these conditions ....and the artists in brooklyn drew them according to instructions from the GB (freddie) accordingly.

What did all of this do for all of us? It gave us a Leave it to Beaver belief system...that's what. It told us only of the best parts of life, but not how we would attain it in daily living.

I'm not blaming the witnesses in this depiction of their ideas of an earthly paradise.......i'm saying that we as witnesses could never really GRASP the IDEA of what this life they promised would REALLY be like in ALL aspects...other than happy, smiling, racial barrier removed little dubbies living for eternity. We could never really think BEYOND he only thing we ever saw in print.

Perhaps this is a reason WHY many of us have said ..." the New System was never a REALITY to me". Maybe we simply could fathom it ...other than it being a Paradise we saw in pictures.

Gumby

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

An excellent post Gumby, and you raised good questions.

If all the new system is, is a regression to the Stone Age with no technology and people walking round with baskets of grapes, it seems very boring to me.

You never see any technology or earth friendly industries.

There are no vehicles, no electronic devices, no methods of communication.

It's like as you said - there is no idea of how we will transform the planet into a paradise.

Go to Home depot, buy a spade.

Now get hold of a spade in the New System - how do you start making one?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Further though

With all of these new points, how the heck could we ever, "reach out for the real life" as one assembly speaker said?

I guess we'll be waiting for the WT to publish those "new scrolls".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, i think so. Another thing that may have broken the connections is the conditionality of the dub's life. I mean, theoretically, faithful dubs already have everlasting life. In the wt scenario, at least up to 1995 when it changed, is that the generation of 1914 would pass right on into the new system. Their lives would never end. However, the wt always stressed that they may be saved, they may not be able to stay faithful through the persecution, perhaps some would have fatal accidents, etc. The wt put all these hurtles on the path. So, real life was far away.

Then came the change in 1995, and the new system is even further away.

S

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    people were carrying baskets of vegetables and fruit

This is one thing that always bothered me. Where was the BBQ, ribs, burgers, sausages? The thought of living forever eating only grapes, tomatos, and watermelons just didn't cut it for me.

And don't forget those "loving elders" who were going to be "princes". I was sure they'd assign me to clean toilets somewhere while they went out to play some golf.

Walter

• gumby
    gumby
    Where was the BBQ, ribs, burgers, sausages? The thought of living forever eating only grapes, tomatos, and watermelons just didn't cut it for me.

Good point! Had not it been men in their 80's and 90's writing the articles and controlling the artwork, they woulda showed some dudes standin around with some budweisers in their hands cookin somethin on the barbie and just bullshittin with each other. I woulda prolly prayed harder and been a better dub if I had that kinda future.

Gumby

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I didn't want it to come, I hated the thought of the earth being destroyed and everyone being one big happy family. I love the idea of travel, learning about history, different cultures and people....I didn't want everyone to be the same....how boring!

• gumby
    gumby
    I hated the thought of the earth being destroyed and everyone being one big happy family.

Which was exactly the point I was making in this thread. Nothing wrong with happy families....but they didn't seem realistic in the literature.

Gumby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

They actually sharply discourage 'speculation' about technology and details so as to lessen the potential for individualism. If you define what 'paradise' is, some will not like it. It's better to be vague, allowing each person to imagine what they want, it has broader appeal and effect.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I had an old dub friend of mine tell me that he wanted to open up a violin shop in the New System. The guy doesn't even listen to classical music. Guess there's not much else you're allowed to do.. its either that or the sandal hut.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit