You don't have to read this... Feedback Wanted

by Sparkplug 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

to the top

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

It was heartbreakingly well-written. I would love to read more.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thank you...

• Valis
    Valis

Ya done good Sparky...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Valis... thank ya..

Did you know the 30th was Badgers Birthday....We need a cake at the crawdaddy thing. He has never had a b-day... Just a thought.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

can't wait for the movie (^_^)

but as for chronological order

try listing years and months on the side of one page and then filling in anything you can remember and locate...

I did this a few years ago and started remembering things I had not thought of in years...

then all you need to do is weave them together.... your story seems to do a pretty fair job of it, you will naturally have times

where one thought will remind you of some background info you need to fill in, etc.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    try listing years and months on the side of one page and then filling in anything you can remember and locate...

Now that is an idea. I have not been able to organize my thoughts...does not help that I cant remember half of my life though...maybe not half, but who knows! I am going to try this.. Maybe even tonight

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Sparkplug,

Sorry for the late reply. I would agree with ZN's advice. As you work out the rough chapters you may move things around and so forth. As for structure say...You could relate "6" or "7" experiences in order of "magnitude" in diffrerent significant periods ini your life so far - Or... You could relate the experiences as you go through life chronologically (little sevens/big sixes then big seven/little six, etc...) as you grew from childhood. You could move back and forth in different points in your life (but you'll need to take extra care to not "lose" the reader). There are lots of ways to go but get out as much of your story as you can while and worry about organization later!

A lot depends on what you decide your main observation or message is. (You may not have it fully formed in your mind yet but it will take shape as you complete the work). Keep writing the new material first though! Then you can come back after a break to review your total collection of chapters with various editing "hats" (grammar, flow, distribution/level of humour,inclusiveness/accuracy. revise here/revise there, etc...). This story is about your life so it won't be "finished quickly" so don't rush it too much.

W.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I am a bit at a loss for words. Can you imagine? I have recieved a lot of PM's and people are being so honest it seems. Several have expressed deep emotion toward what was written. I really was at the point of putting this project in the trash. I don't think I will do that now.

I also am very humbled. Several people have went me their stories and I feel mine pales in comparison as far as the heart of the human spirit. I am planning on returning a response to each one sent, I just have to ponder on the words sent to me for a bit. I want to be in the right place when I respond.

The actual stucture advise has been really helpful and I now have a plan to tackle the next stretch. If that works I will stick with it...if not I will shift it up again. I think the truth is I just need to get it out and try to organize it later. Organization is not one of my high points.

Thank you all for the sharing and criticism and the encouragement. Keep it coming..

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Thanks for the great read......thanks for sharing.....I can't wait to read more!

-Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit