Our Future After Terri Schiavo/ What Hangs in the Balance.

by prophecor 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

Unless there is reasonable doubt she did not state she didn't want to be kept alive, I can't see why her dying is wrong.

The fact that a kind death - the sort of death reached with the aid of medical staff in hospitals all over the world everyday - is not possible is sad. But the solution to this is to make legislation that allows people to decide to die with dignity.

Some people would oppose this it seems; some would even use Nazi propaganda to their own ends.

The debate is about a person's right to self-determination.

To cite propaganda designed to increase acceptance of the state-sponsored euthanasia of people who are aware and not necessarily in agreement with their euthanasia is a best irrelevant. At worst despicable.

Of course, any such system (of legalised consensual termination) has to be open and transparent. Anyone who thinks it only goes on in Holland (where there are rules) is kidding themselves. It goes on everywhere, it's just not spoken about and is kept under cover due to the legal situation in most countries.

Far better it be open. That way the situation can be monitored for abuse.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    This is what appears to have happened. I had a friend of mine comment to me, "I held my nose, as I pushed the button for Bush!" - meaning she hated the Bush big business policies, but that she voted for him only because of his 'moral policies'.

Yeah cause Kerry had nothing to do with big business...

• Spook
    Spook

This is in no way a landmark case. Not at all. The laws that created this situation have been enforced this way for years.

The first two posts here are great.

http://direland.typepad.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit