Our Future After Terri Schiavo/ What Hangs in the Balance.

by prophecor 63 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

I have tried to avoid commenting or giving an opinion one way or another. It`s hard as an outsider to listen to this everyday when it`s such a personal family issue.

I too have avoided this topic for a week now as I didn't want to stick my nose in it, but it has taken on a life of its own, a life that is even larger than the impending death of Mrs. Shiavo. It has taken on such epic proportions that I can no longer remain silent.

I sit, day in, day out, hoping that something will change the womans course in life, and daily I have been disappointed, I sit here imagining the Hell that surely she must be experiencing, no food, no water, starving her to death, as all who side with her husband wait for her demise. It is in-human.

Ethics and morality should be given the highest consideration when dealing with some aspects of law. It is just wrong to do to this woman what is being done. Amerikka and all who have pushed for the ungodly way in which this woman is being executed will have Hell to pay when this is over.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    I have noticed that you have used the dog=human reasoning in several threads. I do not feel for a moment that a human life is of the same value as a dog.

Actually I don't think a human life is the same as an animal either. I was merely responding the people who keep shouting that this is inhumane and we wouldn't even starve a dog, so why should he starve his wife. I don't think it's the same at all. Other people brought that we don't starve animals, criminals, etc.

I think it's a completely different set of circumstances and different issues.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This case is going to change two things Jack and S*it... and Jack's left town...

This woman "died" 15 freaking years ago! I agree that starving her's not the way to kill her but I would certainly volunteer to shoot the IV bag full of Morphine!

This case will change NOTHING wether your for her parents or her husband the bottom line is that NOTHING will change after this blows over!!!! Thats half the problem with America we are so apathetic that NOTHING CHANGES ANYTHING!!!!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Seriously, would you hook your dog up to a respirator or a feeding tube? No you wouldn't. You would allow the dog to die a peaceful death.

I beg to differ with you dear sister, but who can determine from a human standpoint exactly what a peaceful death is? Can her being executed in this fashion constitute a peaceful death? If that be the case, who's to be next?, I've been to the rooms of many patients in veterans administration hospitals to try and soothe and be a comfort for those who live amidst similar circumstances. Do we kill theses individuals off too? What's to happen to alzhiemers patients, what would have happened to president Ronald Reagan if this kind of reasoning was to be used in his case? Once the line has been crossed, where do you place the stakes with regard to merit when it comes to having to judge whether the life of some other soul is of any value?

This is abortion in reverse, the right to die is not something I'm questioning here, if that truly be the case concerning her, there do however appear to be questions regarding possible foul play with Mrs. Schiavo and Mr Schiavo, his wish to have her body immediately destroyed as to the evidence, the denying his wife, for years the basics in human comfort, there's the possibility of this being way more than what we see on the surface, too many un-answered questions.

Before the killing, all aspects of the situation need to be thoroughly examined with a fine tooth comb. She can always be allowed to die later on down the road, but what's the big rush, it's been, what, 15 years, whats 6 months a year or whatever with all that has already taken place?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I'm trying to figure out your analogy, but it does not make sense...

This is the OTHER half of whats wrong with Amercia and the entire world! Why are you as a human worth more than a dog!!!!! Because you can talk? Because you can use a keyboard? Because you polute more? How much better than a dog are you? Are you better than two dogs? How about two dogs and one cat? How about two dogs one cat and a trout? At what point do these things become worth so much less than you that they are completly expendable simply to make you more comfortable?

Is a human who is brain dead worth more than a family dog that is alive and well and brings joy to it's family??

Let her die!!!!! Even if she recognizes pain and people (which is FARFAR FARFAR from proven in fact just the oppisite seems to be provable!) that is no way to live! LET HER DIE! If I'm ever in that state I want someone to come and take me out of that state!

• amac
    amac

Prophecor -

I sit, day in, day out, hoping that something will change the womans course in life, and daily I have been disappointed, I sit here imagining the Hell that surely she must be experiencing, no food, no water, starving her to death, as all who side with her husband wait for her demise. It is in-human.

Were you sitting, day in, day out for the last 15 years thinking about the Hell she must have been going through lying there in a vegetative state?

It really bothers me that the media and the government want to be invovled in such a personal family decision.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Let me ask you this question, if a dog gets hits by a car and is paralysed WOULD YOU HOOK IT UP TO A FEEDING TUBE? If an animal is unable to eat, what extreme measures would you take?

Think about the answer carefully.. You are absolutely right, one would not hook it up to a feeding tube. The dog would be taken to the vet and 'put to sleep' by means of an injection, but no dog owner who loves his dog would let it starve to death.

I understand your feeling about Terri, I understand that your wish for her to die so that she can finally have the peace she deserves. But you need to understand in turn that starvation is an extremely cruel way to die.

• amac
    amac

Is there a single person on this entire planet who would want to remain alive confined to a bed as a vegetable? Anyone? Then why does everyone insist we go against her wishes and keep her alive? Some say starvation is cruel and I agree, but I certainly don't see lethal injection getting legalized anytime soon. So if I had a choice, pull the tube...can you find a single person that would rather keep the tube?

And a few posts back someone was offended by the repeated analogies to the life of a dog. The reason people are using this analogy is because a Rep Senator was stupid enough to use it in his speech saying that in some states it is illegal to NOT feed a dog so we should feed Terri Schiavo. We OWN dogs. No one OWNS Terri Schiavo, respect her wishes.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Were you sitting, day in, day out for the last 15 years thinking about the Hell she must have been going through lying there in a vegetative state?

That really is a moot point, and is not really pertinent to the situation. Whether I've had knowledge of this in the past is absolutely irrelevant at this moment, what is important is that this woman, for eight days has been allowed to self destruct before the eyes of the nation and the world, in a manner in which if you did the same thing to an animal, you would be locked up for cruel and inhumane punishment.

If you're gonna' kill somebody, kill them swiftly, quickly and don't allow the PC crapola to make a showing as to the reality of the situation, don't try to say to the world, we're doing it for her own good, but too affraid to get real about the situation, if you're gonna kill me, then do it and be done with it. Why keep me around for the sake of your good pleasure only because you don't have the courage to honestly get with the fact that you are committing murder? PUSH THE BUTTON!!!

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Some say starvation is cruel and I agree, but I certainly don't see lethal injection getting legalized anytime soon.

A lethal injection, ending her suffering within moments is against the law, but putting a human being through more than a week of starvation in order to kill her is perfectly legal. Something wrong with this picture?

In my personal opinion, it is not about keeping her alive or letting her go. I don't have enough inside information to make that decision, I'm not there. My feeling says let her go, but please, please, don't let her starve to death. As was mentioned by someone in this thread earlier, putting a bullet in her head would be a more compassionate way to end her suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit