Star Trek: Enterprise

by Big Tex 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• ballistic
    ballistic

Robert, I have been to a Star Trek convention, although it was by mistake. However, you are beyond saving. I think you need to go back to the pool of collective conciousness the other side of the universe before you melt!

• ballistic
    ballistic

P.S. I want the episode number I'm refering to and the first broadcast date,

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You missed Brent Spiner as an ancestor of Dr Noonian Singh escape from prison and bring to term embryos from the Eugenics Wars.

You missed Archer on the lamb on Vulcan with a hot nubile T'Pau and having a mind meld with a dying Vulcan so he could carry Surak's Katra bringing down the paranoid Vulcan leadership and bringing to power the Vulcans with values that will give us Mr. Spock.

The Klingons kidnapped Dr Plox with the knowledge and help of rogue elements of Starfleet to end a plague caused by their trying to copy Dr Singh's genetic enhancements in Klingons. The antidote saved the infected Klingons lives but caused the bumps in theur heads to disolve. Thus giving birth to the Klingons seen in the original series without the huge brow ridges.

Whoa! Holy cow, I've missed a lot. I was always bothered by the way this show presented the Vulcans. I'm a big fan of the original series, and the idea of logical beings who keep their emotions in check always fascinated me.

So why is the show being cancelled? I never understood why Paramount cancelled TNG and Deep Space 9. I really enjoyed both, and I would have liked to have found out what happened after Sisko went with the Prophets.

Yes DS9 was much more religious/spiritual than any other Star Trek series. It just seemed to grow that way organically, it didn't feel forced.

7of9 was the only good thing about Voyager. I hated how they would reset every episode as if nothing had happened before. No matter how the ship or crew would be tortured or damaged the next week everyone and everything looked brand spanking new.

TNG was the best written show (okay the last 3 or 4 seasons) but I have a special place in my heart for the original series. I agree with the cliche that 1/3 was great, 1/3 was crap and 1/3 was okay. But when they hit their stride it was something special.

Chris

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

ballistic:

I think you are refering to when Odo had to go to the home planet of the Founders?

As much as I admire Ferengis, I would much rather be Romulan.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Enterprise needed to be put out of its misery. It suffered from the same affliction Voyager had, interesting concept, horrible execution. Like Deep Space Nine, each show started out with a premise that was a variation on the standard Star Trek format. Deep Space Nine, however, actually dared to try new things, like marrying off main characters, a slightly darker vision of the Federation, adversaries that were not 2-dimensional bad guys, limited use of technobabble as a way of resolving a crisis, etc. Voy andand Enterprise squandered their uniqueness and turned into clones of Next Gen by the end of the first season. Both shows also suffered from some incredibly lame acting(Harry Kim, Captain Janeway) and/or lack of serious character development(Mayweather, Hoshi). Deep Space Nine not only developed the main characters, they worked in almost a dozen supporting characters, each with their own backstory.

So let Trek rest, I am enjoying the new Battlestar Galactica, and Stargate is still somewhat entertaining.

Um, yeah I am a sci-fi nerd, what can I say?

No Apologies(of the beam-me-up-Scotty class)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    As much as I admire Ferengis, I would much rather be Romulan

Why Romulan?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I have enjoyed all of the Trek Universe with the exception of movie number 5.

The original crew are my favorite. From the Star Trek Experience I have a photo of myself on the transporter deck with McCoy on one side, Uhura on the other and me in the middle with a phaser pistol.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I would like to be Romulan because they are bad ass Vulcans.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

DS-9 sucked until they brought in the Dominion.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

The best science fiction comes in books and short stories. I like writers like Philip K. Dick, Alfred Bester, and Robert Heinlein. Some of the television shows were good, like of Enterprise's. But the main reason I like Enterprise was because of Jolene Blalock (the vulcan chick, although I wish she'd loose the ears). Jeri Ryan is hot too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit