Star Trek: Enterprise

by Big Tex 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My local UPN station keeps moving Enterprise around. Sometimes it's on Friday, sometimes it's on Wednesdays, sometimes it's not on at all. So as a result I haven't watched more than a couple of espisodes this season. In fact the last one was when Archer corrected the time line (when the Nazis were in cahoots with the aliens). What's happened since then by the way?

Now I find out that they're cancelling the show?!

Why? Were the ratings that bad?

Brannon Braga and Rick Berman have totally driven this series into the ground.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Brannon Braga and Rick Berman have totally driven this series into the ground.

I say we fix this the old-fashioned Texas way... with a tall tree and a short rope.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Your lucky you even get upn. I cant... without a dish.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

that is a good series.. hopefully the scifi channel will pick it up in syndication and i can catch the shows i've missed.

• talesin
    talesin

I haven`t had cable for years ... so I`ve missed most of it.

Cheer up though, folks!

The local libraries and video stores will have box sets before you know it.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Big Tex:

You missed Brent Spiner as an ancestor of Dr Noonian Singh escape from prison and bring to term embryos from the Eugenics Wars.

You missed Archer on the lamb on Vulcan with a hot nubile T'Pau and having a mind meld with a dying Vulcan so he could carry Surak's Katra bringing down the paranoid Vulcan leadership and bringing to power the Vulcans with values that will give us Mr. Spock.

The Klingons kidnapped Dr Plox with the knowledge and help of rogue elements of Starfleet to end a plague caused by their trying to copy Dr Singh's genetic enhancements in Klingons. The antidote saved the infected Klingons lives but caused the bumps in their heads to disolve. Thus giving birth to the Klingons seen in the original series without the huge brow ridges.

The rumor is that Deanna Troi and Will Riker will appear in the finale.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's too bad it's being cancelled - I thought it was a very good series (except for all the time-jumping last year) and that it had hit stride, which it usually takes a couple of years for ST series to do. Now bam, it's over.

It was a heck of a lot better than Gilligan's Island In Space (Voyager), which lasted longer. Unfortunate.

• Swan
    Swan

I didn't know this show was still on! I thought they ended it at the end of last season. It isn't in it's usual time slot, apparently. Wasn't it Wednesday's at 8:00 opposite Smallville???

I haven't even seen ads for it. I hate it when networks jerk a show all over the dial and then cancel it for low ratings.

Now that I have TIVO with season pass, I will be able to let it do all the chasing, but it still irks me that they ruined this show. Star Trek fans deserved better than this.

Tammy

• Simon
    Simon

I like Enterprise. Prior to that Voyager was my fav. Star Trek

SevenOfNine and T'Pau ... mmmnnnnnnnm, I've volunteer for Earth-Alien dialogue that's for sure !

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I have been a Trek fan since September 1966 when the original aired.

Has any else been the the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas?

I was with was transported to the Next Generation Enterprise, stood on the bridge, road a shuttle craft being shot at by enemy ships, returned to the Hilton where I had a Romulan ale at Quarks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit