Star Trek: Enterprise

by Big Tex 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Deep Space Nine was better then Voyager.

That series had great stories dealing with religion, philosophy and capitalism. As a Radical Capitalist I thought the Ferengi were heroes. The actor who played Quark said in an interview that he came to an appreciation of Ayn Rand and the philosophy of Objectivism after playing Quark.

• blondie
    blondie

Robert, I agree, Deep Space Nine was my favorite series.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    That series had a great stories dealing with religion, philosophy and capitalism.

I can't remember the names of the episodes but there were a few "Generation" episodes that stick in my head.

One episode that I liked best was when Picard when back to his home on earth, the place in France where he grew up. It was captivating seeing him interact with his brother and the "tense" that was building up during the whole show. Finally, things come to a head in the end and blow up. Great "brother" story that could have taken place at any time or in any setting.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

What folks who are not into science fiction do not realize is that sci-fi is about psychology not hardware. Ordinary humans in extraordinay situations. The best Sci-Fi is drama based on human behaviour.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I'd rather watch an old Dr. Who episode any day over any of the Trek offerings (horrible space opera-Blah!!!).

Robert, I remember that juror, "the Commander" (did you see the movie "Trekkies"?)

W.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Whiskeykack:

I have seen the movie but not the sequel Trekkies II. A good theatrical movie about us nerds is 'Free Enterprise" That is a Trek Fan's movie.

Tom Baker was my favorite Dr Who and my favorite companion was Leela of the Sever Team.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    As a Radical Capitalist I thought the Ferengi were heroes.

come on, you're not serious! Capitalism is not being a thieving rat!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I wouldn't call the Ferengis thieving rats. They had a code of morality known as the Laws of Aquisition.

• ballistic
    ballistic

If you can call "the laws of aquisition" a morality.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

A code of ethics and morality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit