Witness Sister Alone At Our Door on Sunday ..No knock ..Just Silence

by adelmaal 44 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

After I left the Tower I found out that a lot of people do exactly what she did. I have a couple of JW friends (him and his fiancĂȘ) who is just putting a show on the field service. So they would go out and just pretend they're knocking on people's doors.

The fiancĂȘ still believes in some of the JW crap but BOTH don't see any point in bothering people at their houses.

Observador.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

She's a troubled soul.

• blondie
    blondie

There are been some realistic scenarios presented here.

I can remember something relating how when they went d2d they never rang the bells, just put their finger within 1/4 inch and then waited.

I can remember once thinking someone wasn't home and talking to my companion only to find out the woman was home as she yanked open the door and asked why we were standing on her doorstep.

That scared us.

Maybe the angels told her not to ring the bell.

Blondie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Willy I had a thought while I read your post.

This sister pretended to knock, as did you. If you both faked it, so must others. How many hundreds, if not thousands of times has this scene been repeated throughout the worldwide work of Jehovah's Witnesses?

And how fake are those numbers, those precious, beloved statistics Bethel holds so dear? It's all a sham, no not everyone is faking it, but enough so that no one can really say with any certainty how accurate, or inaccurate, those statistics are.

Kinda pathetic if you think about it.

Chris

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I feel sorry for her, you don't know how she was feeling that day, maybe she felt scared, alone, not sure of herself, who knows what was going on in her mind. I used to feel terrified going door to door, I was never confident. It was just such a relief when someone was kind or said something nice. You just don't know what was/is going on in her life at the moment. She shouldn't be ridiculed, and no-one should make the automatic jump that she was doing the "pioneer shuffle" .........she could have been, but who knows? What IS her story?

Scoob

• Buster
    Buster

I'll join a few others and feel sorry for her. Can you imagine - well I guess we all can - wasting ones youth in such a manner? Harmful on the psyche and damn shameful waste of time.

• Valis
    Valis

Yeah I used to fake knock and not ring the doorbell...I got lucky enough mos of the time to go out with a young brother who was just as ill of talking that blather as I was..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

In our hall, all the JW kids in our HS went out in service on Tuesdays and Thursdays (the pioneers were so desperate for time they would pick us up and drop us off) and I remember many houses where we would go up, and if it looked empty, we wouldnt even knock, just stand there, talking about anything but service with my best friends, I always hate going out after school b/c of seeing all the kids I just left school with....gees, what a drag.

I can also remember a couple of times I would have RVs in the country, took 1/2 hour, 45 minutes drive to and from. I made up quite a few of them just for such occasions

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i was always a vigourous loud knocker... BANG BANG BANG ! i WANTED to talk to people.. (i mean really if i dragged my butt away from a normal saturday with my family i wanted to do what i was out to do)

then one day i had the privelege of working a neighborhood with a pioneer..

she would give the lightest of tap tap taps and said " if jehovah wants them reached they'll hear it.. besides i've worked this neighborhood for 15 yrs..theres no one to talk to here"

when she did talk to anyone she didnt identify herself as a jw.. she would say she was a volunteer educator..

shocked the heck out of me!

that was the last time i worked with a pioneer and one of the last times i went out in service.

• El blanko
    El blanko

I can relate to the above, as I used to go out with "brother timid" who would creep up the path like a little mouse, stroke the door and retreat rather quickly. He quite clearly did not want to be there. He was probably horrified with my loud thunder claps on the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit