Witness Sister Alone At Our Door on Sunday ..No knock ..Just Silence

by adelmaal 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    xj decoded: I learned from an elder in my cong., the secret of the split finger doorbell ring.

I learned it from bored pioneers myself.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

AH....the memories you brought back!

Another reason to call this a GOOD day.Knowing I don't have to do that anymore!

We must have really hated going door to door to do that.Shows who we was trying to please...

Snoozy...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I learned from an elder in my cong., the secret of the split finger doorbell ring.

There is also the "no-touch" knock.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    I've done that before, lots of times, it was a fake knock.

Thank God -- I thought I was the only JW in the world that did such things! It's nice to know there were other creative folks in the flock.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I feel sorry for her. She clearly doesn't want to talk at the door, nor does she want to go out in service and yet she is required to whether by peer pressure/family/husband/boyfriend/guilt.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I learned from an elder in my cong., the secret of the split finger doorbell ring.

=

How quaint!

Jeff

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Isn't it the blood of the lamb that protects you from the angel of death ?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I wish I would have thought of that.

Dustin

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think the angels off her right and left shoulder saw the demons flanking your door, and guided her away.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just want to add to the store of knowledge: This isn't that unusual. When I was winding down my dub life, I loathed the idea of talking to people about this religion. I didn't believe it and didn't think they would, either, and why would I want to be responsible for bringing somebody to the KH and putting them on this long, weary road?

When I was forced to go out, I'd relish the day when there was an odd number in the car group. Being an elder and a guy, I complied with everyone's expectations and volunteered to be the odd man out and work by myself. I'd fake the knock, put my finger next to the door bell and push on the wall, and generally appear to be "working" the doors. I'd make it a point to stand on the porch for as long as I dared before heading back down the sidewalk. And, of course, I would dutifully record the "not at home" on the appropriate form.

I always expected somebody to open the door just as I walked up, and figured in that case I'd just rattle off my canned presentation, but it almost never happened. Most weren't home and those who were didn't know I was there. Or so I thought, until I read the opening post here.

In retelling the story, it seems a bit dishonest that I did such a thing. But looking back I realize it was a form of guerilla warfare. I was being honest with myself to the extent possible, given the constraints one lives under in the borg. And I didn't do it for long. I was creating an exit strategy at the time and implemented the plan shortly thereafter. Now, when I walk up to someone's door and knock, I'm there for a REASON.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit