Witness Sister Alone At Our Door on Sunday ..No knock ..Just Silence

by adelmaal 44 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

It was pretty odd. We had a JW sister come to our door on Sunday by herself.

She walked up really slowly and quietly. I just caught a glimpse of her walking up. We waited to hear the knock or doorbell ring and nothing... Still nothing... More nothing... A minute or two passed and I didn't see her walk away. Usually, if someone is at our door (i.e. mailman) our dog goes bollistic and starts barking whether they ring the bell or not but even the dog didn't notice her on the porch.

She then turned around and walked away. Not making a sound or leaving a trace of her visit.

Really wierd. I told my husband it was odd she was alone and she was probably just trying to buy time by letting the other JWs working our street think she was having a conversation with us and she probably didn't really want to talk to anyone so she was hoping nobody would answer the door and that's why she wasn't knocking. Hmmm... I didn't see anyone else working our street though.

I know she was a Witness because when she walked away I saw her open her NWT and record us as a not at home.

What do you all think?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Maybe, because she was alone, she was not knocking at any doors? Just spending some time at each and recording a not-at-home. You don't have blood dripping from your doorframe or anything, do you? I doubt it was personal.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

duh.. angels halted her knocking hand and saved her from talking to apostates.!

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

pure shame made her pretend to knock/ring.Thats what I think.

• mjl
    mjl

stopthepain.....I've made that same fake door ring....but that's cause I just didn't want to talk to anyone

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Perhaps the sister was going to invite you to the Memorial and got cold feet at the last minute.

It is strange though to say the least.

Orangefatcat

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

ewww.... how creepy. If this is a regular practice for this person I'm really suprised no ones called the cops on her yet.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

That story reminded me of a night mare I had a few years ago. I dreamt(sp?) I had returned to the hall and I was going door to door again. It was aweful!!!!! It was a totally helplessly trapped feeling(again) and I was sooo thrilled when I woke up!

Yikes!

Glennie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I learned from an elder in my cong., the secret of the split finger doorbell ring.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've done that before, lots of times, it was a fake knock. Poor thing was probably relieved to be alone so she wouldnt have to talk to anyone.

I always liked it when the door was alittle hidden from the street. You can let everyone else finish the street while you pretend your talking to some very interested person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit