newbie hooked on this board

by glenwoodswoman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Welcome to you too, Grace. I'm sorry you have had to be the primary caretaker of such a complicated situation. It takes time off of your life, I hope you are getting the things out of life that you need for yourself. Godspeed, I wish you well, and welcome to the forum.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Grace

Your name fits you well. You have more grace then all of them, and you know you did the right thing.I am so glad you are well, and have found a place for you.

"Living well and being well is the best revenge you can have."(or example you can set, if that works better for you)

I have learned so much on this board in just the last few days, I feel like i am waking up from a 13 year sleep/stupor. I never once thought of all of the other df'd and shunned ones out there.and the pain they may be going through.I just left and never looked back. I will thikn about all of you every day and send you love and healing!

Glennie

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome. Your not going let a new snot ruin your day now are you? Just do your thing and enjoy life.

Golf

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome both Grace and glenswoodwoman.

Both of your experiences show how damaging that cult is. I'm glad you both are strong women to get out of there.

Glen, please go to Al-Anon meetings. You may be surprised by the support you get there from others dealing with alcoholic mates.

Enjoy the fun stuff that goes on here at JWD. It does get very addicting but comforting to know others understand what you are venting about.

Joy

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    I think I'll approach her and tell her I have turned pagan...that will really freak her out...

Glennie...that is such an awesome idea. Maybe that will reduce some of the pressure building up inside of you. Several times when I have run into some self-righteous former JW "friend"...I told them off. I wasn't mean about it...just stated some facts I thought they needed to hear. Made me feel JUST GREAT!

This board has been a true life-saver for me. And I'm not talking about the candy either!

Welcome A-BOARD!

Cathy L.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Oh...and Welcome Grace too!!! The more the merrier! (Is that how you spell that? Merrier? Looks weird).

Cathy L.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Glennie,

Elsewhere's suggestion is so important! Miss Snotty has no right to flaunt her act in a workplace. Letting your supervisors know of her shunning of you because you left her religion, will also show what total jerks the JWs are when doing this.

It would be the same thing if she shunned you because you were Jewish, or black, or Chinese, or anyone that she deemed "beneath her" in some way. Bosses and co-workers don't like this kind of attitude or dealings with others.

Let her be accountable to others for her arrogant actions.(and see how indignant they will be when they realize it. Let her take the heat she deserves!)

BTW, I'm an hour east of Rochester near Oswego!

hugs,

Annie

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Welcome

Here is my 2 cents on your work issue.

Don't treat her any different than your other coworkers. Her being new means she is probably on a probationary period where the company can get rid of her easily. Bring the issue up to your supervisor and or HR. You being a long time employee with (i am assuming) a good track record should be valued at your company. But what ever you do don't treat her any differently than you treat your coworkers or she can turn the claim around on you even though you didn't start it. Hopefully she will act this way in front of other employees so as you will have witnesses on her actions. If she is dumb enough, she might even e-mail you about the issue and you will have documentation. Keep a little notebook and keep a record of her discriminations to you. HR should take quick action once notified because they don't want any lawsuites for any type of discremination being allowed to happen within the company.

And again, WELCOME to the board

Heatmiser

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Glennie and Grace.

• love11
    love11

((grace)) Alot of people died on 9/11, I'm glad your life was saved.

((glenswoodwoman))

You wouldn't really want her to talk to you anyways.

Suggestion- Put the ball back in your court. Make her feel more uncomfortable than you ever have. You had this job first, let her go talk to the boss saying that your kindness is affecting her ability to work. Treat her like you would anyone else, stay true to yourself and I think she will eventually high tail it out of there. If not, your kindness will make her question the whole jw ideals.

I know- Being the new employee, why don't you ask her come with a group of you to lunch. (Others will see her reaction to you and not care for her "shunning" or her.) he he. Also, in front of others, ask her what she thought about the filing system, parking, whatever; and see what she has to say to you. No matter what happens, act like you would to any new employee. And have fun!!!!!!

I'm usually not this devious, but your story just brought it out in me. ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit