newbie hooked on this board

by glenwoodswoman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    ...I think I'll approach her and tell her I have turned pagan...

glenwoods ....

when you do it, make sure you stretch your eyes wide like Norma Desmond going for her close-up ... ... and then tell her, "Now you're my special project." That'll kill her.

welcome to the board and sharing your story. but be warned, this board certainly does have a crack-like addictive quality. once you begin to peel back the layers of years of dubbism, the programming and all the other b*llsh*t, its natural to get angry all over again ... even after being out for years.

I've been here barely a month and its the first site i go to every day.

welcome again. and when you do the Norma Demond thing,

let me know.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

?ello glenwoodswoman, so you think the Jdublars might of screwed your mind a bit, took me by surprise when I figured that out too. Should you leave it should you confront it? Who knows, different strokes and all that. Know thyself, good and bad. As for that snooty bint have a bit of fun with her as long as you can. It might not be ethical but it?s fun.

Oh and

Welcome to the board.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome, Glenny. You know, you're gonna have to win her without a word through your good example. Show her how well adjusted and happy you are. Smile at her anyway, in a warm, empathetic and wise way and give her a majestic nod. Be gracious.

Glad you found us! This is the biggest and best board for exjws on the net.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD and the truth about the troof? glenswoodwoman and Grace!

I can't really add to what has already been said plus I know from what you've both written about your experiences you will do fine.

One that note, it's great to be free and have a place like this to vent with others who share your experiences about the B'org! Congrats and best wishes for the rest of your lives!

Kate

• Es
    Es

Welcome Glennie :)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hey. Welcome to the board, Grace too.

This co-worker is treating you differently then others because of your religious beliefs. That is a human-rights violation and illegal. I'd talk to your supervisor immediately to nip it at the bud. Explain to your supervisor that this co-worker is implying (by shunning you) that you are in the same group of people as murderers, pedofiles and theives, that you find it insulting and degrading, and that you feel it is effecting the quality of your work.

My wife and I recently had a Walmart people greeter shun us (he was an elder in my wife's past hall), and we reported it to his supervisor. The supervisor agreed that religious differences are to stay at home. This applies to all workplaces, and in all working situations. Human rights work both ways, they don't JUST protect JW's.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit