newbie hooked on this board

by glenwoodswoman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board, posted only a few times so far. No I find myslef going to the computer time after time to check this site and I feel like I am getting hooked! What is the matter with me? I have been Df'd for 13 plus years, and never looked back. I did it by myself...well not really, with the help of some "worldy" friends who were way more compassionate and loving then any self righteous JW I had ever met. I never read the Franz book, didnt know about the waffling on Blood, political confictions, child abuse, sexual abuse etc etc etc or any of the developments in the Organization since I had left.

I had an incident at work the other day where a JW from my old congregation was newly hired and the little bitch played her shunning game with me and it affected me more then I want to admit. What the hell is her problem?? I have worked in this place for the last 11 years without her snooty selfrighteous bullshit. I feel like she has upset my balance and my peace . Anyway, that incident sent me poking around the internet and thats where I found you guys. Now I feel like I am catching up with the JW organization, and the question is...Do I want to?? I was done with them...Totally... until that little snot walked into my building I guess. Christ, I used to give her my kids's hand me downs, for crying out loud...What the frick, why is this making me so mad? Have I never really ealt with my feelings, I wonder?? Did I just walk away and bury everything? I am good at that,actually..I know I cant continue feeling angry like this and at her...Thats giving them control again and I cant allow that. All I know is she is in my space and acting like I don't belong there...I think I'll approach her and tell her I have turned pagan...that will really freak her out..maybe enough so she'll quit cause her holiness mught be blemished ...

Anyway, I am glad you guys are here...I dont now where i am going with this..but I have to get my equilibrium back, this is not me!

glennie

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Welcome, Glennie,

It's ok, I've been out for 7 years +, and I'm addicted, too. I think it's because of all the witty, caring, smart, lovely people here.

I moved to another city because I just couldn't deal with people shunning me. What a completely lame thing to do, shunning.

Enjoy the board!

~Tracy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome!

Regarding little Mrs. Prissy Bitch... I would have a little conversation with your supervisor.

When talking to your supervisor, present this with a short, calm and simple explanation of how JWs treat Ex-Members (you) and how it is bothering you and affecting your ability to work.

(That last bit about "ability to work" will sent up all sorts of red flags for your supervisor)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I have worked in this place for the last 11 years without her snooty selfrighteous bullshit.
    I cant allow that. All I know is she is in my space and acting like I don't belong there..

What a superior view she has of herself. Even to the point of discounting the time you have put in at your job. Becuase of your status of being disfellowshipped she is above you. I hope she never needs your assistance to get her job done. Maybe then you can treat her as she is treating you.

There is nothing harder to do than work with a Witness, even when you are a practicing witness. It is as if everything you do is under a magnifying glass, blown up and out of porportion. I feel for ya.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Glennie!!!! I've been out just about the same amount of time. I say let the GAMES BEGIN!! Really, treat her exactly like everyone else. Say good morning to her. Let it be seen what she is doing, do it when someone else is around. If it gets too annoying you can always talk to the supervisor (after others can say they have seen the behavior) and trust me, she will get written up for it. In fact, if it really becomes obvious to a lot of people she's treating you this way, you can always tell them its religious harassment (well it is), and THAT is a buzz word that will be SURE to get her talked to.

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out!

Sherry

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, Glennie! Welcome! I agree with Nancy Drake. I've been out for about 6 plus years now, and I found the board about two years after my DF'ing..........can't remember the date.........just like I don't remember my baptism date..........lol.............what keeps me here is the concentration of extremely open, intelligent, witty people..............we've all found each other, somehow......under the ex-JW label..............

Terri

• prophecor
    prophecor

WWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Glennwoodswoman, that is some incredible energy you have to sit under, you know, there should come to be an ability to administer some common sense into situations like this. There needs to be a common, respectful middle ground that should be able to be met between you and Miss Prissy, your job is one thing that should not conflict with the foolishness that is shunning.

So glad you found us. You may have years of anger to work out of your system, being here however should reduce your time needing to sort thru the $#!+, though. Welcome to your new life on the boards.

Arthur

• Grace
    Grace

Hi, Glennie.

I can understand your anger, believe me! I was not raised a JW, but married one. I raised my husband's child from his first marriage (she was 10 when I got her and anorexic because her birth mother just went door-to-door and ignored her own daughter). Truly, the girl at 10 yrs of age was having surgery for complications from anorexia! So, I married my husband (a JW alcoholic) and brought his daughter back from death. I was full-time mom to his child (no kids of my own) and primary wage earner all those years. But I was lonely so I started going to the KH so we could be a "family unit". To try to get my husband to stop drinking, I eventually became baptized. I know, it was stupid of me. My step-daughter got married last spring (she's 24 now). Guess who was riding in the limo and walking up the aisle at the Kingdom Hall??? Her birth mother!

I left the organization after 9/11. When I saw those planes go into the WTC towers, I knew the attitude: if the "faithful and descreet slave" asked their followers to do the same thing, most would. Why? You can't question, or you're out. So I left. Now, I, too, am completely shunned, even by the daughter who I saved from dying when she was 10. My husband is, of course, drinking more than he ever was. He is an empty, sad creature as they all are.

Angry? Yes, I am angry that there are people this stupid in the world. I went back to the Christian religion in which I was raised and am now extremely involved amidst great persecution here in my own home. I have the grace of God in my Spirit and the love of Christ in my heart. I love and accept everyone. I do not judge.

Those who behave like this wouldn't know the love of Christ if it slapped them. Don't be angry. Be glad that you're not one of them. I am.

Blessings,

Grace

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Thank you all.......Already getting things in perspective again...you guys are awesome....I am going to keep coming to this board to hang out with you guys and to let the those that are sitting on the edge know there is life after the WBTS and it is incomparable

Glennie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome - I am addicted and I am aJW in good standing - but the guys on this board no better - I would be instantly DFd if the WT found out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit