"the Grudge"

by missy04 40 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

I know there was a thread about this movie not too long ago but I don't know where it is. Sorry for repeating stuff.

Has any of you guys seen this movie?

OMG I will NEVER sleep again! never! *locks windows, turns light on*

I am SUCH a wuss when it comes to scary movies..dang.

Did it scare the crap out of you guys?

My mom is teasing me, doing the "scary worm dance" (imitating the woman slithering down the stairs at the end)

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

yeah, I saw this movie in the theater and it scared the crap out of me too. I ended up watching the whole thing with one eye showing through my fingers. (Im a big whimp) I totally couldn't sleep that night, ugh. I think the thing that freaked me out the most was that terrible noise she made.

Funny story about that though. The day after I watched that my husband decided to be all funny and sneak up on me while I was rinsing my hair in the shower and poke his head in and make that noise. I didn't know that I could climb up a shower wall before. Apparently this is a hidden talent I have.

I've watched it again recently and it's not near as scary the second time... I guess the suspense is all gone.

• Pwned
    Pwned

i saw it and i didnt think it was that scary, i did jump a couple of times though. i heard the original was much scarier.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Now that I can watch R, X rated movies I decided to give this one a try.

OMG, it's the creepiest thing I ever saw. You gotta see it

Puternut

• under74
    under74

How come they keep re-doing Japanese horror flicks?

• mjl
    mjl

It was OK, I didn't think it was too scary though....the Ring was scarier

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I thought it was VERY scary. I had trouble being in a dark room alone after I saw it and annoyed the shit out of my boyfriend.

When I see scary movies, I get the same feeling I used to get from telling "demon" stories. I've still been known to say, "Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!!" Even though I know it's a load of crap.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry to disagree but I must have been expecting too much from the clips shown on TV, cuz I was disappointed whan I saw it. There were some good moments, but over all it wasn't that good.

I agree with The Ring and I'm waiting to see The Ring 2.

Annie

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Now that I can watch R, X rated movies I decided to give this one a try.

Just stick with the X and you'll be alright.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I love Japanese horror films but for every good one there are plenty of bad ones.

The Grudge was a bit of a disappointment when I saw it although maybe the remake is better. It's not a patch on The Ring or The Eye. Another good one is The Audition, but it is definitely not for the squeamish!

CF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit