What's Your View of Living Forever?

by Golf 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I believed it, strongly!!!!

I always wanted to see over the hill and what was coming next. But now I know it's all LIES and I'm getting my head round it. Finally I'm living every single day of my life!

I wouldn't have wanted to live forever with Jehovah's Witnesses any way, and I'm not kidding about that!

• JAVA
    JAVA

After leaving the Tower that was one of the things that just took time to sink in--I was going to live and die like everyone else. The fairytale was over.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't want to die! I think living forever would not get Old or Boring. Life is what you make of it!

Brooke

• Valis
    Valis

II would only want to live forever if I could get off the planet and explore the universe..

BTW, anyone ever read this?

• Golf
    Golf

Valis, how about our home the earth? How long would it take you to explore it, any guesses? Your getting on the track as to where I'm leading this post to.

Golf

• JH
    JH

Of course I would like to live forever.

Often I hear of people saying how dull it would be to be here on earth forever.

I would love to stay here forever, especially with perfect health.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I personally don't think our spirit existed as a separate entity prior to our incarnation, but as part of a Universal Spirit. When our body dies, I think that our spirit returns to its source, like pouring water out of a bottle back into the ocean.

I like this version GaiaGirl !

so as an hypothese : if life comes from the source, everything alive is part of the source ... we can call it god ... but not with the same purpose and the same spirit absolutely as we could think about a god,cause life in fact is only the capacity to stay alive and maybe this source is only able to dispatche itself to whatever can come alive with any material.

• Valis
    Valis

Golf, I haven't imagined that far, but if we could live forever one might assume we could advance technologically to see all parts of the earth rather quickly at some point. Granted the slow way would be cool too, just trekking around watching the lions chill with the lambs and stuff...but if one could live forever then surely one's curiosity would extend past our own planet too..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Definetly want to live forever. Just think of all the girls you could meet. There would always be something interesting to find to do. Even if you are just sitting around smoking dope its better than being dead.

• Jez
    Jez

I have often thought that motivation would be erased if living forever became the norm. I mean, why do anything at all??? Now, we are motivated often due to time. "I'll do it tomorrow" could always be an excuse, because there is always a tomorrow, for sure.

It feel unnatural for me to live forever. I believe I have a spirit, but what happens to my spirit when I go, is not for me to know.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit