What's Your View of Living Forever?

by Golf 71 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie
    No, you just have to be wading in a cold stream early in the morning when the mist rises off the water and you see several large trout cruising feet from you...you cast out ahead and wait...the bait slowly drifts to the bottom and right in front of the fish...the adrenaline starts and wham!! he bites and the fight is on! Or watching a huge sailfish come coursing through the water after the bait...splashing and diving in the water...just awesome...Or running accross a school of hungry catfish late at night fishing with friends and some beers...or listening to the sound of the ocean while you fish from the beach... mesmerizing...what more could you ask for? BTW I eat the fish I catch..

guys, i'm tellin ya...you wouldn't be fishing. the streams and lakes would be bulldozed to make way for new high rise condos. and the clean, fresh, clear springs and streams that aren't buried would be dammed up and locked away from the public so they couldn't contaminate it. the oceans would be so filthy that the smell alone would keep you from fishing for too long (besides, you definitely wouldn't want to eat the crap you'd catch). all of our fresh water would be processed, treated and bottled before the general public even got to see it.

i'm tellin ya, life would suck

• Golf
    Golf

Valis, maybe having a small keg of wine beside me, would help, it does in golf! Here's a question, is the mornings the best time to catch fish?

Golf

• Golf
    Golf

Doogie, did they just 'fish' you out of those polluted waters?

Golf

• Valis
    Valis

Golf, it depends on what you are fishing for, but yet early in the morning a whole array of fish seem to enjoy a good breakfast...usually just before dawn really breaks, but there are lots of factors like barometric pressure, water temperature, wind, time of year spawning/prespawn/post spwan, baitfish/food availability/patterns/behavior, choice of bait, your own fishing tactics and others.

BTW, I enjoy golf as well, with beer of course. Not very good, but I love the walking and just being on the course...I also like occassionaly being on the green..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• doogie
    doogie
    Doogie, did they just 'fish' you out of those polluted waters?

sorry...i's just sayin...

[quietly tiptoes out]

• Valis
    Valis

doogie, maybe they would have it all virtual by then so I could go fly fishing in the flats off the Australia coast for a couple hours, then hop over to the beginnings of the Mississippi was up in Minnesota later that day...Sounds like paradise to me..

• Satanus
    Satanus

I find that attempting to visualise living forever burdensome. I tend to live more in the present than the future, so i live basically a day at a time. If i had an everlasting life, it would would be lived a day at a time as well.

S

• Valis
    Valis

Satanus if we could live forever we could do really reckless stuff like jump off mountains or swim down tot he bottom of the ocean..AND my favorite would be chasing you around w/the samurai sword...

• Golf
    Golf

Valis, I must admit that fly fishing looks exciting. This comes back to my post about living forever. When one enjoys life and whatever he/she is doing, time just fly's by. Now, when you consider the endless activities that are enjoyable, what's time?

Doogie, I was just kidding.

Golf

• Valis
    Valis
    Now, when you consider the endless activities that are enjoyable, what's time?

I agree....even if one could live 100 more years think of all the places you could visit and see and the things you could learn. So many hats, and so little time don't you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit