What's Your View of Living Forever?

by Golf 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

OK, be realistic, would you want to live forever? What is your view of living forever?

Golf

• avengers
    avengers
    would you want to live forever?

I would. That's one of the reasons I became a JDubb. Think of all the possibilities.
    But it was just a dream.

Andy.

• under74
    under74

I don't think I want to live forever...I think I want to live a long time and do everything that I want to do BUT I don't want to live forever. That would be too painful I think.
    Life's supposed to have both joy and pain in it, not one or the other.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Don?t want to die.

• under74
    under74

Nobody is supposed to want to die. But we're part of a cycle.

You should fight for your life and go out kicking--but realize you're here for a short while and make the best of your time.

• Duncan
    Duncan

I think I agree with Peppermint, my Hertfordshire pal...

I have never been one of those who say "wouldn't it be AWFUL to lie forever!"

Seems to me, however old you were (as long as you had reasonable health), if you were faced with the knowledge that THIS was your last day of life, but were offered maybe just one more year - you'd take it. Everytime.

I wouldn't mind living forever, just one year at a time.

Duncan.

• nowuask
    nowuask

Its not happening, to me. I dont see myself there.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I agree that we are part of a cycle. Nothing that we can see lasts forever, planets, even the sun and stars have finite lives, and new stars will be born to replace them. As it is, our sun is not a "first generation" star, but one which came later in the evolution of the universe. Many, if not all, of those first generation stars have already gone. Everything we can observe on Earth also has a finite lifespan, at least in physical terms. Its difficult to say what happens to a "spirit" when the body dies, and Solomon spoke about this at Ecclesiastes 3:20-21 "All are going to the SAME place, they have come from dust and return to dust. Who can say if the spirit of a man rises to the heavens, or the spirit of a beast descends into the earth?" I personally don't think our spirit existed as a separate entity prior to our incarnation, but as part of a Universal Spirit. When our body dies, I think that our spirit returns to its source, like pouring water out of a bottle back into the ocean.

• Mary
    Mary

Yes I wanted to live forever in paradise. It sounded wonderful, never growing old, never having to face either your own death or watching your parents and grandparents die. One of the main reasons I wanted to live forever, is because I always figured that when the earth was populated enough, we'd explore other planets and settle colonies there as well until the universe was full........and seeing as the universe keeps expanding, it'd just go on forever.

I also wanted a lion as a pet and talk to Noah about the Flood, and to Moses about the parting of the Red Sea.

Gee, I wonder why I never wanted to leave Disney World as a child?

• Golf
    Golf

Thanks for your comments. Duncan, that's a good answer. There is a saying,
    "Everyone wants to live but nobody wants to die."

Nobody wants to life forever under the present system of things, however, under the right conditions people would have a different attitude, then again, would you find living forever BORING?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit