What is the most OUTRAGEOUS thing you've ever seen an apostate do?

by GetBusyLiving 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thanks for the info about LT having a link to his Public Talk. I just downloaded it and listened to the final 5 minutes. I'll bet that was the talk of the JW town in his part of the world! Way to go LT!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not just the talk among Jehovah's Witnesses. Little Toe comes from a place with strong community and well-attended churches. His disassociation was the talk of the town for a long time. In fact, a friend of someone I know was in a church 50 miles away a couple of weeks after Little Toe's talk and the minister mentioned it to that congregation during the service. The ripples from that event went far and wide, and Witnesses had to deal with it on the doors for a long time after

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

When I was attending a convention in Fort Worth years ago, I went to the parking lot for some reason. There was a truck circling the parking lot rows, going up and down and going around the convention center. In the bed of the truck was an actual open coffin with a sign that said something to the effect herein lies the bodies of thousands of disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses. That was great conversation for the afternoon session!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Little Toe's disassociation is the most punk rock apostate feat ever IMO.. if only he had done it at a circuit or district assembly..

• desbah
  • Quotes
    Quotes

JAVA said:
    ==============
    When I see them outside, I walk out and join the group by say, "Hey, how's it going? Are we doing door-to-door work or back calls?" I follow this up with, "I'll start this side of the street and tell the householder I'm shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses because I voted. You can show them from the Bible why you do that."
    ===============

LMAO!!!!

Great Idea! I have often though that some appropriately timed "poisoning of the well" (in reverse, for a change) would be an interesting thing to do.

Question, did you actually knock on doors, or was announcing your intent enough to scare them off?

~Quotes, of the "once followed them around for a laugh" class

• upside/down
    upside/down

The only things I've seen are on an ultra-high resolution 17" flat screen monitor.

So I guess technically I'd have to say "pixels" are the most OUTRAGEOUS things I've ever seen from apostates.

u/d (of the to tired to think class)

p.s.- of course the "real" apostates attend 5 meetings a week at the Kingdumb Hall.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Quotes (link) - that made me laugh out loud!!

• JAVA
    JAVA

**Question, did you actually knock on doors, or was announcing your intent enough to scare them off?** I never got to the door before they piled back into the car. The second time (and last time) one of the neighbors saw me doing my little thing with the group, and we talked after the car drove off. He said he would give me a call if they came around again because he enjoyed watching the show. We talked for about a half hour--it was a great Witness! :-)

• JAVA
    JAVA

**Little Toe's disassociation is the most punk rock apostate feat ever IMO.. if only he had done it at a circuit or district assembly..** You're right, I think LT gets the best of show! In a way, doing it at the KH was better than an assembly. They would have turned the sound off as soon as they figured out what was going down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit