Do some WT phrases make you squirm?

by jeanniebeanz 66 Replies latest jw friends

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Anybody done any

"overturning of strongly entrenched reasonings" lately?

• squinks
    squinks

My Mother, that sick &^%(&^$ used to love to remind us "Better is the day of your death than your birth" Imagine saying such a thing to a little kid. No wonder I never thought I was worth the paper I was printed on!

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Antitypical fulfillment

Happifying, efficacious, heav'n, giv'n, o'er, wondrous

"blah blah blah blah. Is it not?"

Why do they address the audience as "brothers"? "Brothers, should we not blah blah blah blah?" Then you see the women nodding their heads. Doesn't make sense.

As already mentioned, "_______(fill in the blank) Ones". If I am a siamese twin, is it still right to call me that? I would be offended.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Better is the day of your death than your birth

O yeah, that one gets under my skin, bunch of heartless bastards!

• Dustin
    Dustin

the term that person is "marked". I hate that term.

Dustin

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whenever I hear other JWs refer to the religion as "The Truth", I cringe. I mean, I literally feel my facial expression changes to show disagreement.

DY

• undercover
    undercover

Some of these may be repeats but:

God's earthly organization (was God ordered to break up his Organization into seperate entities, like the phone company was years ago?)

The Slave Class (and here all along I thought JWs were supposed to be a classless society)

The Anointed Remnant (again a group who are better than everybody else)

Governing Body (The name is arrogant in itself. Isn't God in charge? Wasn't Jesus given rulership in the time of the end? How is that this group replaced God and Jesus?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit