Do some WT phrases make you squirm?

by jeanniebeanz 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hey...What about "wait on jehovah" They always used this when anyone started to question any of their weird beliefs and started to discuss them with others.The downside of "wait on jehovah" was that they would kick your ASS out the door if you did not obey.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Isn't it funny if not slightly sad that we all remember these sayings from years gone by. Other than JWs, no one would know what the hell we are talking about. And we find ourselves brought together via the web reminiscing the strange language we once knew.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

"Please MEET me in Phillipians 2:4" Had one brother that would use that phrase waaaay too much during his talks

• new light
    new light

During prayer: "We ask that you pour your spirit upon this meeting"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It is our bookstudy's privilege to clean the Kingdom Hall this week brothers

hahahaha.... translation: brothers will run the vacuum, and the womenz will scrub the loo and do everything else... J

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wish we had a good vomiting icon here.

• "Let us help you readjust your thinking"
    • brother or sister
    • reaching out
    • "worldly thinking" or "worldly influences"
    • spirit appointed elders
    • privileges
    • take the lead
    • spiritual head
    • congregational oversight
    • wifely submission
    • theocratic subjection
    • "the friends"
    • "the truth"
    • "loving elders"
    • "new ones"
    • "Satans world"
    • "debasing music"
    • "Jehovah's wifelike organization"
    • sheep
    • flock
    • goatlike persons

I didn't mind "husbandly owner" too much. I would sometimes refer to my wife as "my chattel", which always got a reaction.

Walter

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

don't know if these have been said, but "and therefore we see.." & "in all good conscience..." & "Please turn your bibles with me to..." ewwwwwwwww!

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Ahhh come on, nobody remembers "in the original greek" CO/DO's name? It has been killing me for 2 days now. I gots ta know.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I would sometimes refer to my wife as "my chattel", which always got a reaction.

Why I otta... *shakes fist at Walter*

J

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"Mental Regulation"

"Independent Thinking"

"Sound Reasoning"

"Take In" (As in 'May we all be sure to take in the fine spritual food...')

"Meditate On" (As in 'May we all be sure to meditate on the fine spiritual food...')

"Fully Appreciate"

"Adjust Your Thinking"

To me, they all say, "Be a Zombie!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit