• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Every other word out of his mouth was "IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK"

Really? He spoke Greek? j/k

J

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    "even though they're worldly"

I hated that one too. Made it seem as though unless you were a witness you were somehow disease ridden or something otherwise less than human. Yuck..

J

• Thinking
    Thinking

thanks fairchild

"even though they're worldly"

• missy04
    missy04

"Even though they're worldly"...oh yah..I just loved that one too.."Sarah's mom is really a nice lady, even though she's worldly..but you know I can see her having the right heart condition if she would just come to the KH"

CHOKE PUKE GAG!!!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

"evil slave class"

• Honesty
    Honesty

"He/She is so spiritual"

I wanted to vomit every time I heard someone spew that phrase out in FS.

I've never heard any other group use the phrase so.... it's gotta be dubspeak

• z
    z

?High moral standers ? my a@#%

• kazar
    kazar

The terms "brother or sister" did it for me. I realize it was meant spiritually, but I could never bring myself to use either term. When you are married to a Witness, be it a brother or sister the idea of incest lurked in my mind . Plus, none of the Witnesses were my family members. Always managed to wriggle out of it somehow. I would say Mr. ___ or Mrs. _____ if it necessitated. Otherwise, I would just not respond. Another one was "how will you digest the meat when you are only drinking milk?"

Am I not mature?

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

One year at a circuit assembly, we had a speaker use the phrase "unstable table." Ever since then, everyone would use that over and over and over and over. It got to be very annoying.

CountryGuy

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

"Food at the proper time"

I wasn't always hungry, ya know?

LOL! I have to say that this one gets under my skin as well. Out of all the "coined JW phrases" - "food at the proper time" makes me SO agitated every time I hear it.

Some others ...

"faithful and discreet slave" - this just sounds totally ridiculous to me

"I appreciate ... we appreciate ... don't you appreciate ... we should appreciate ..." - did you ever notice that JWs "appreciate" everything TO DEATH?

"brings out" - this scripture "brings out" this, that publication "brings out" that - ENOUGH WITH THE BRINGING OUT ALREADY!

"friends" - Is it me or does this ALWAYS seem to sound totally condescending and fake?? "And we all want to do the right thing, don't we friends?"

"worldly" and "of the world" and "no part of the world" - If you hate the world so much - GO AWAY!

"the real life" - as in "Afterall, we are not living the real life in this system" - what are we living ... a fake life?? This is life - suck it up!

Which brings me to "in this system of things" ... "in this old system" - This is just plain annoying to hear over and over and over and over.

UGH ... I could go on and on ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit