Do some WT phrases make you squirm?

by jeanniebeanz 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Spiritual banquet was another one. Bullshit smorgasbord more like.

ROFLMAO...........So true.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Eating at the table of demons.

Humble-hearted ones.

CG

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

You will live forever on a paradise earth." "...will never die"

The phrase that makes me squirm the most is, "Door-to-door preaching work" UGH!!!!

Kwin

• Will Power
    Will Power

Kwin - and calling it "sacred service" has got to be right up there too.!

In the Truth TM,

"its up to me, my own conscience, and I choose not to"

if it is not from god it will not last - or whateverthat scripture is - its been used on me so much lately

will

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Armageddon is just around the corner - ----------the New System is so close you can almost smell it

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It was used so often that I thought it was a phrase...." Sara XXXX has been met with by a comittee of elders and has been publicly reproved. The elders have discussed the matter with her and she has shown repentance."

Something like that. I really hated that one.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

"Parousia" or however the frak you spell it, sounds like a stinking stomach parasite. Loved listening to undereducated doofus' using words like this to sound so enlightened.

"Meat in the due season", the Dog gets his meat when he freaking wants it.

All the different "classes", annointed class, heavenly class, mutant sheephead class, and on and on.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lets make April a month of Special Activity

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    mutant sheephead class

missed this one! lol

how about this one... 'how do we know that all scripture is inspired by God? Because Jehovah himself says so in the Bible! Turn with me now to...yada, yada, yada..."

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

"ones"...as in baptized ones or lowly ones....

"away back then"...

Does anyone remember when they tried to introduce the term "rendezvous for field service"? That was the one time I witnessed a refusal to adopt "watchtower speak". My mom refused to use it...saying it sounded like we were trying to be spies.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit