The org is going down----I can feel it!

by stopthepain 60 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Wealthy organizations always find a way to replenish lost customers, take a look at the tobacco industry for the last fifty years. So, I don't think the end is nigh for the WTBTS. Remember Holly, she asked all the right questions of someone truly looking for the truth, and got the answers that would make most people think twice about joining this perticular cult, however, she's gone.

steve.

p.s. if your lurking holly, I hope you find what your looking for.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, but things are looking bleak for the tobacco industry too ... like the WTS they have started casting their net in the 3rd world for growth but they don't have as much money.

Companies *do* fail. Tastes change and there are a lot more easy religions to follow that give people something back (at least a bit of fun and some social function). The WTS is a dour crabby fish-wife of a religion that may have appealed to a certain generation and mindset but not to modern consumer-driven tastes.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Yeah, but things are looking bleak for the tobacco industry too

I agree with you, however, fifty years ago the tobacco indestry knew their product killed people. They still maintain a highly profitable business with a constant stream of new recruits when it should have died out in the sixties. The styles of their comercials and advertising changed with the times.

You will see are seeing the org. change its structure and message / its style of comercials and advertising, and it will attract many more people before its demise. I'd give it at least another fifty years.

steve.

• observador
    observador

stopthepain,

Given the good signs your parents are giving that they are seeing the real truth, I wouldn't say anything to them. Let them come to the realization by themselves...

I regret very much having told my sister what I felt when I got out. Because after that, she got zealous which is something she never was. I think she's trying to make a point to me...

Now, with more experience, I think that there are situations where your silence and attitude speak louder. Be patient!

Observador.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the Org will be decimated in the not too distant future,, because they have made a large group of rabid enemies(I'm one), through thier ruthless treatment of exmembers.

They may have money and property to keep them afloat finacially for a long time,,but the internet is something new added to the mix that must be considered. They will never be able to live down all the exposure,,only the hopelessly indoctrinated will stay,,with very little new blood. To me JWD is the biggest smashing instrument so far on the net. No doubt that can change as more and more forums and help groups come into being. But with all the bad publicity and legal battles happening and looming in the furture they will be toast.

The GB are a bunch of Old Farts theat do not know how to deal with our modern world and it's internet. The old tricks just are not as effective as they were before the net,,and being that you have a bunch of inflexable old fogies unable to switch gears mentally they will steer the Org right into the ground.

Simon,

Your qualifying adjectives crack me up.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i remember in the 80s a talk about apostates and how they are scattered bitter people who cant harm the wtbs because theres no organized communication amongst them...

25 yrs later......................here we are.. on the internet.. sharing info.. not an organized group out to destroy the wtbs. just simple factual information and communication thats reaching a lot more people than they thought was possible in the 80s!

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

I agree with stevenyc because you have to remember that you cannot go on the net, you are not allowed to look at previous books, and need to accept the "new light".

So the system is very clever and will be able to hold another 30Y at least as it stands. IMO the only thing that can take it down is a division from within.

Their growth is just above "inflation" (population increase), therefore weak, but at this pace a decrease can be spinned easily, so only a shake up would crash them. A division could come about because of money (interests) or strategy/power (new "new light"). I think they can spin it up to half their current size if the world goes on this way.

Or God finally enters the picture and says to them "get lost, I do not know you". (I hope this is the one)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

One thing that we should consider is the fact that more and more new forums are cropping up that are diffenernt,, that cater to many different types of JWs.

Some are loyal to the WT in everything and only disobeidiant to council of being on the internet,,some groups like E-watchman, that hold most of the WT indoctrination but feel the WT has gone too far in its abuse of authority,, and you have JWD,, full blow apostaville. So there is something for every type of JW on the net. That to me spells big big trouble for the Org.

The internet reminds me of the body's immune system with different types of anti-bodies for different types of infections for the WT indoctrination.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey Frankie I feel a song coming on, Wasting Away in Apostaville, LMAO

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

frankiespeakin I agree.

In fact I think that reformists like e-watchman are the ones that could bring the division about and therefore the crash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit