The org is going down----I can feel it!

by stopthepain 60 Replies latest jw friends

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

I'm with you Blondie. My folks after 55 yrs in the organization are now late 70s early 80s and seem very much afaid of the immediate future meaning their death in this "old system". I do not see any peace in their eyes only fear. It is so very sad. Their hopes have not been realized. But they cannot give up now, all would have been a waste. For all the hell they put me through, I still find it sad. My Dad as a long time elder actually felt J spoke through him and hurt many other lives as well with his uneducated admonitions and decisions. How many more are out there like him? My guess is quite a few.

• Ianone
    Ianone

When the New World Order pulls another major terrorist event, and blames it on the convenient patsie at that time, national id cards, and microchips, watch the rank and file regroup their Armeggedon craze. But I do believe it is imploding overall.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    But it is as if some witnesses use this to give themselves permission to just do nothing .....to just wait for things to end. They are already ending their lives by waiting....If that makes any sense

It's hard to go back to school or try to get another job, it's scary too! It's much easier to sit in place and say it's ok god will take care of me or even better I'm getting ahead by doing nothing!

• Thinking
    Thinking

from justtickledpink

but you still lived a full life on earth

• bebu
    bebu

My JW friend is in her 60s, and I am sure she's also feeling perplexed as to why the end hasn't come by now (she joined in the late 60's). I don't mind adding to any subconscious frustration she might have as a witness, by innocently inquiring about how she had planned to retire... cause at present, she has to keep working or she's on the street. (Today she's sick, so that's income she is going to miss.

...Yes, I think people can't hold up the adrenaline and excitement of "any day!" any more.

bebu

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about witnesses coming down with psychosomatic illnesses that prevent them from conducting the preaching work; like chronic laryngitis, arthritis, foot disorders?

I probably know about thirty witnesses, and from them I can name at least four who can't make the doors any more. They aren't very old, either.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

A lot of people doubt, but feel trapped; especially the elderly. It is really sad...

J

• Scully
    Scully

Blondie writes:

As one sister said, "I wasn't supposed to die in this system."

I've heard a lot of old-timers say that.... people who spent their entire lives doing the bidding of the organization. There was one Sister? who uttered those same words so many times that it just made me weary to be around her. Then the day came when I'd heard her say it enough, and after hearing those words again, I just said "Don't worry, you never really lived in this system either." She looked shocked to hear me say that, but later admitted that was actually what bothered her more than dying before Armageddon?.

• Jez
    Jez

In the days when the globe was not global and a computer with internet access was as common in every household as a tv, each generation would forget all the promises previously made. They just covered up with "the light got brighter," "it was not US, rather the people that became over-zealous" etc. Now they can't do that, things WILL change. The internet, people's mentality about having a 'right' to information, the need for education after highschool and how one must learn to critically analyse there, these things will bring about change. It will be interesting to see what happens......

Jez

Oh, I have known MANY that have left. A die hard sister (unbelieving husband, use to come into the KH and sit there and smoke when I was a kid, she reg pioneered for prob 10 years, dirt poor but kept pioneering, sooooooooooooooooo overly kind to everyone, a real 'example' about how to live selflessly) ANYWAYS, my sisterinlaw just told me that she got df'ed for running off with another guy. Wha? Of course everyone says she had a nervous breakdown and is a little bit mental. lol.

• kazar
    kazar

JustTickledPink

You are right on target with your comments. That is what sold me. Paradise earth here and now for me and my children. I was 17 years old with two children. That was in the '50's. For many years I watched the news for any indication of Armageddon, hoping and dreading simultaneously, trying to figure out when it might be based on the "75 years being a generation, living with conflicting emotions that were driving me crazy. Of course, I had to be careful not to "run ahead of Jehovah's organization." My conflicts landed me in a psychiatrist's office. Finally, eight months ago, after viewing this site, and realizing the truth of what I viewed, I ran way ahead of the organization and made made the transition overnight. I wish it were a paradise to look forward to, but I know it's not and I have made peace with myself and the world around me. And I have all of you here to thank. It has been an enlightening experience here. The facts that are posted and the humor. I laugh as I never have before at the posts. I think many of you missed your calling as comedians/comedienes. It is refreshing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit