The org is going down----I can feel it!

by stopthepain 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

stop the pain ... i agree, and i think everyone with a family member who's one of the old faithful can see the fear and slight dispair in their eyes.

my mom has even slowed down preaching to me. its funny because i'm just noticing the slight difference. and like someone said, you can't sell paradise, perfection and immortality and then not deliver. As time goes by, their doubts can't help but grow stronger. So sad watching her go through the motions.

taylorS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Can you please post or PM this awake page? A scanned copy maybe? I would like a hard document with this text. It is not on the CDROM, and I don't have the bound volume for that year. Any help you can give is appreciated. If you can't you can't.

I've been looking for a scan myself...

Does anyone else have one? If not I might be forced to buy a bound volume from eBay.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I remember making my mum cry when I left the JW's. I said to her that the org wouldn't last another 50 years at the most because all the promises are empty promises. You will have to bury grandma, I will bury you, you will all live in hope and die in despair.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    "Don't worry, you never really lived in this system either."

Scully ... what a shocking thing to say. But the truth is the truth, why sugar coat it. You did the right thing.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"The system is going down----I can feel it!"

How many times did I say that between the 1960's and the 1990's?? No matter how much we want it to happen Our feelings do not always bring results.

However, I do see also the same things everybody else does, together with legal suites and finanancial problems. The reduction in printing the Awake! is a significanr signal . Lets hope, lets spread the word by internet and any way that we know how. Every little post is one more chip, chip away at the tower

• Simon
    Simon

The WTS is an outdated dinosaur. It's from the age of tupperware parties and kipper-ties.

No doubt it will still live on in the United States of JesusLand for some years to come (and ex-war zones where people are desparate and vulnerable) but it aint growing, it can't change and it is well past it's sell-by-date.

It had a short-term-message and it's stretched it so long that it's all now based on a very thin strand ... just waiting to snap.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It's from the age of tupperware parties and kipper-ties.

LOL Simon

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

stopthepain,

Great news about your family. I have a lot of family that I hope is able to make a similar shift.

The only fear I have for people like that is that they slow down a little but still believe. They are still burdened by fear and guilt, and this prevents them from being able to look at information that might help them. I've seen this happen a few times, where someone was on the brink of mental freedom, but the fear reeled them back in.

So I hope you're able to help your brother and mom to break the mental chains. Be careful with them, one step at a time. Not that I know your situation at all - that's just my two cents.

Good luck and congratulations!

SNG

• Neo
    Neo

kazar,

Finally, eight months ago, after viewing this site, and realizing the truth of what I viewed, I ran way ahead of the organization and made made the transition overnight. I wish it were a paradise to look forward to, but I know it's not and I have made peace with myself and the world around me. And I have all of you here to thank. It has been an enlightening experience here. The facts that are posted and the humor.

Such great news!! Thanks for posting that. Welcome to JWD!!

Simon,

The WTS is an outdated dinosaur. It's from the age of tupperware parties and kipper-ties.

Excellent description, right on the money, I loved it.

• Scully
    Scully

Taylor:

"Don't worry, you never really lived in this system either."

Scully ... what a shocking thing to say. But the truth is the truth, why sugar coat it. You did the right thing.

Yes, it was shocking... even to me at the time. Mind you, JWs have no compunction at all about referring to Worldly? spouses or Marrying Outside The Truth? in shocking terms like this:

You may as well be kissing a corpse.

Or in my case, a JW Friend? who criticized my decision to stop attending meetings this way:

If you turn your back on The Truth?, your three beautiful children will be better off if you took them out in the back yard and blew their heads off with a gun. That way they'll have a Resurrection? and won't go down with you at Armageddon?.

I suppose they feel such hurtful things are justified. All I know is that the Sister? to whom I said that decided to take up a hobby that she'd previously put off until the New System?, instead of lamenting that she was going to die before the New System? arrived. I'm glad, for her sake, that things turned out the way they did.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit