The org is going down----I can feel it!

by stopthepain 60 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

My brother called me today.He is 20 ,3 years younger than me,and out of the religion.He still has fear though that it could be true,but thats another story.

He told me he heard my mother and father talking upstairs.My mother said about the org "Ive put 26 years into it,I think i'm done with it,I might just go sunday from now on".This is huge ,because she was a devoted nutjob witness.She made my life horrible for the 1st 17 years of my life.I had been trying to suddly tell her the truth about the troof,but I didn't expect this.I'm happy and yet I want to know where she stands with the borganization.

This along with what seems to be an outpouring of similar stories,I have a gut feeling the Jehovahs witness mind control cult is on the brink of implosion.Everyone is so burdened by it.The jig is up,GB,good riddance when you fold.The rank and file have had enough.My 2 younger sisters are on the edge of mental freedom.I hope they can fully get free of it.

This is a milestone in my families long and strange trip in mental enslavement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I think that a lot of people who have been in for a long time, just don't see the drudgery ending. They gave up their lives for this religion, and its been a disappointment so far. They will die, they will not see armageddon as promised.

• integ
    integ

It's definitely on the downslide...God is seeing to it.

Integ.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There is a certain malaise amongst some of the older jws.

The "end is around the corner" jazz just does not cut it anymore.

wanna

• blondie
    blondie

JW Stages of Because the End is Near

I thought the WTS told my parents that I would never start school

I thought the WTS told my parents that I would never graduate from school

I thought the WTS said I would never need a career

I thought the WTS said I should not get married and wait for a perfect mate in the new system

I thought the WTS said that my children would never start school

I thought the WTS said that my children would never graduate from school

I thought the WTS said that my children would never need a career

I thought the WTS said that my children ...then grandchildren

I thought the WTS said that I would never die in this system

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here ya go Blondie!

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things? .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years? as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15

My dad was about 27 at the time this was published. I wonder what he would have to say about it now. He is now in his 60's and close to retirement.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Elsewhere, thanks for that quote.

I remember going to my grandma's hall up in a rural/town area (only around ~50,000 people) and they were giving this talk about how important it was to serve Jehovahs full time rather than pursue other things. There was this guy up there giving his experience, it basically went like this: He was contacted by the JW while attending university, getting a major in Mathematics. He joins the WT and he quits school and starts preaching full time. His life now consists of suits from the early nineties, a janitorial job, and preaching work.

Everyone clapped really loudly (this was back mid/late nineties, perhaps after that) and everyone thought how much smarter they were for preaching and reading the WT instead of doing something silly like getting a degree (especially when the end is so close -- they focus on the end a lot more in smaller communities).

• Thinking
    Thinking

Many of my friends cannot get motivated at all with life because the system is going to end soon. Won't get established jobs, won't marry, especially if their spouse died (being faithful till they are ressurected...I am sure there is a whole thread on that somewhere)

I had that thinking for a long time. Not thinking about getting older in this system. I fineally got a job with benefits and retirement etc.
    But it is as if some witnesses use this to give themselves permission to just do nothing .....to just wait for things to end. They are already ending their lives by waiting....If that makes any sense.

• blondie
    blondie

I was a teenager then, Elsewhere. Where are all my contemporaries? The smart ones left earlier. But I tell you, this dying in the system is upsetting many of the ones a generation ahead of me in their late 70's and 80's who are seeing their friends and family dying off one by one.

As one sister said, "I wasn't supposed to die in this system."

Blondie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think the problem is that they sold everyone the idea of the Paradise. I mean Christianity always sold the idea of Heaven, but you still lived a full life on earth and then when you died you floated away upward, everyone at your funeral said stuff like "They're in a better place" etc.... Heaven is such a nice idealic place and such a nice easy idea.

BUT the paradise was HERE and NOW and right around the corner... and it was EXCLUSIVE. I mean seriously everyone talked about Heaven, but here was this very special elite little group of JWs that all knew they were going to live forever in a paradise. Everyone was sold on the idea of perfection, perfect health, perfect surroundings, perfect happiness and bliss.

The thing is, you can't sell someone something and then not deliver. It's like selling land and the person pays for 50 years and still doesn't get the land... People have paid their ENTIRE lives to this organization and still don't have anything they were promised.

So yes, this organization will go down, because too many years have past, there is nothing more that they can promise, the end isn't coming. What happens when the carrott isn't being dangled anymore? The dogs will quit running.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit