The org is going down----I can feel it!

by stopthepain 60 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    I think that reformists like e-watchman are the ones that could bring the division about and therefore the crash

Its been done before

http://www.biblestudents.net/faq/questions.htm

steve.

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Well I would think this is different as once there is a crash, today, the world offers more options to people, but of course I could be wrong

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Actually there have been many businesses that have disintigrated and dissappeared. Hudson motor car,

Studebaker autos, Montgomery and Ward and many others. These were huge companies and they tried to survive but did not.

The wbts is a corporation that does not behave like most businesses. It has customers who contribute money and receive nothing tangible, only promises that do not blossom.

Having said that, I point out that these supporters accept and defend an ever expanding dream that never delivers. Since there are aprox 6 million of these dreamers world wide, who are pleased with and defensive of the dream, I assume there will always be new dreamers to solicitate.

I think it will follow in the footsteps of those radical churches who dwindled down to a very few faithful after some major deaths of leaders or fall due to court cases involving lots of money.

Becoming a rather insignifigant small group of weirdos with out the resources or members to be a large problem any more.

Outoftheorg

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: The org is going down----I can feel it!

with the streamlining of printing plants and installation of new labour saving presses, in us. japan, brazil, britain and mexico, literature production is projected for an increase. 262,000 plus baptised last year. Going down? It wouldn't seem so.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey dost,

Nice to see you again. The growth you speak of is almost entirely in countries that do not have free access to information. If you look at the trend lines (see: http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm) for developed countries, you'll see that they have gone flat. Several in Europe have rounded the top and are headed down. Denmark peaked in 1992 and has been headed down ever since (see: http://www.jwic.com/04n_euro.htm).

It all has to do with access to information. And with a couple companies prepared to offer ultra-low-price internet machines to under-developed nations, it won't be long before access to the internet is ubiquitous across the world (see: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/maney/2005-02-08-maney_x.htm) . We'll see what happens to WTS growth then. For now, I'm happy to see people snapping to in the developed nations.

SNG

(of the "in the information technology field and damn proud of it" class)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Wealthy organizations always find a way to replenish lost customers, take a look at the tobacco industry for the last fifty years. So, I don't think the end is nigh for the WTBTS. Remember Holly, she asked all the right questions of someone truly looking for the truth, and got the answers that would make most people think twice about joining this perticular cult, however, she's gone.

The problem is that they are loosing people in the wealthy contries, and gaining in the 3rd world countries. So how are they going to fund these people?

Some of these people are making $0.40 an hour wage? What can they give to the machine weekly?

As an account servant, the society is now charging each congregation a paperwork processing fee!

So when I send money through WEFTS (Watchtower Electronic Filing Telephone System) I place money in:

WWW (24:14)

Kingdom hall fund (build KH in poor areas)

KHAA (insurance, car ins, car lease for overseers)

and now processing fee!

We also collect money to contribute to: CO's expenses (anything, including drycleaning and car washes), Bethellite expenses (gas tolls, etc), and Bethellite speaker expenses (usually around $25)

don't forget that all literature is now combined for all congregations using the same KH to save on their processing & Shipping and also the literature now holds up like shit!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What are you talking about, I've never seen a paper processing fee? Where is this fee injected? Or do you guys not do WTS transfers?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The P.O. hands me a bill showing me things like: Copies, and other jigamagigs. I haven't really read this paper though yet

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

Just Tickled Pink:

Thanks.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I thought the WTS said that I would never die in this system

You left out one: I thought I'd never get old in this system.

I recall my beloved sister in law telling me, "I'm not worried about wrinkles, we'll never make it to middle age, Heather." Well, I'm 46 and she's 44 now. Now we have to look at the fact that we have no retirement savings. 25 years isn't a lot of time to save for it either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit