My wife is getting baptized on the 19th!

by Check_Your_Premises 111 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Well last night went about as badly as it could. I told her, as she already knew, that I was very concerned. I had a lot of doubts about this org, I had a lot of doubts about how her joining would effect our marriage, and the fact was, as long as I had doubts, I didn't want her to join. She said no. Then I pointed out that I wasn't being unreasonable here. The fact that she wouldn't even consider told me already, that despite her denials, this commitment was already more important to her than the one she made to me. She said no. Then I pointed out that I didn't feel out of line either because as she already told me, she decided "this was the right religion" before she married me over 3 years ago. No. I told her that the fact that she couldn't even put this off six months to give me time to figure things out, "maybe that tells me all I need to know, maybe I don't need to study anymore." No Then started to lose it. I pulled out liftons criteria, and told her that the striking similarities bothered me. She saw no similarity. I got even more upset. I never yelled but it all went down hill from there. I said a lot of things I should not have said, and I just couldn't help it. I am really pissed off, and I just couldn't hold back anymore. So I don't know what to do know. I guess I feel like I need to get a handle on what is going to happen once she is baptized. I am going to tell my elder friend that I really don't feel like studying much right now. The fact that there is no compromise here, and she doesn't really care about my concerns tells me all I need to know. I will tell him that her refusal to even put this off for six months confirms my worst fears about what she is getting into. I will want to start a study again, basically because if I am not going to be a part of this, I have to be able to explain why. I guess I made the mistake of getting my hopes up, that there was a chance some part of her mind was still hers. That dashed hope, simply got the better of me. Sorry I don't have a happy ending for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit