My wife is getting baptized on the 19th!

by Check_Your_Premises 111 Replies latest jw experiences

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    If ya don't call that shunning, what would you call it. To my knowledge I was never dfd or da'd.

I would be asked if your situation was typical. Is that standard operating procedure? Is it written down somewhere I could reference?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yes it is standard procedure. It's in their publications.

Some of the others on this board will have access to their recent literature, I'm sure someone will be able to point you to some of their recent publications. I don't have that access.

• defd
    defd

calamity

ok lets not get this started again Could you repeat that defd, I didn't hear you the first time. I offer a peace offering D.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Okay, I'll be nice. I can be very sarcastic, just ask my husband.

• defd
    defd

calamity

i trust you no need to ask hubby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I asked her what happens if the children join and then leave. Are you going to shun them? She said that it doesn't work like that. She wouldn't have to not talk to them. She said that isn't how disfellowshipping works. Everything I have heard says that is EXACTLY how it works.

Print these images up for her to read... if she says that they are not real, then have her look up the August 2002 Kingdom Ministry.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Incidentally, I'm not DF'd yet but my JW inlaw's have already said they don't want to associate with me. We play chess every time I visit, so I sent them a "chess by mail" thing to mark and mail back. They told my wife they aren't going to play since I don't believe the way they do anymore.

(This was decided by my father-in-law, a ministerial servant.)

Dave

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

THanks for your info "great one" That is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I am looking for

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Aw man, have you got problems coming your way!

If she's getting baptized, then she's fully bought into their hope and mentality altogether. They'll be plenty of conflict in your household. You're the bad guy now.

Just make sure she understands that she must respect your religious choices as much as you'll respect hers. Agree to disagree sort of situation.

However, you do have the upper hand in the fact that you're 'the man' and, therefore, head of the household. At your request, she has to decorate, cook and be present at the holiday gatherings. I know it because we've been instructed from the platform of situations when the woman is a JW but now the husband. She's under your command per say, of course that's if you know how to play the game. In many JW households, even when she's not supposed to, the woman totally rules.

So, my man, play the game right. Either way, there'll be caos in your household. She belongs to them now. I'm truly sorry about your situation.

DY

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    However, you do have the upper hand in the fact that you're 'the man' and, therefore, head of the household. At your request, she has to decorate, cook and be present at the holiday gatherings. I know it because we've been instructed from the platform of situations when the woman is a JW but now the husband.

Interesting. Do you have literature citations I could use?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit